•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 04 Sep 2020

Gaurav

LAST REMINDER

Please read and click "Totally Agree" on this below Embedded post and  not on my this post.

@Ashok chaturvedi @Shaaz Sha @Miguel Ibarbia @Vijaysekhar @jodha singh shekhawat

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                                        Pajero
  2. jodha singh shekhawat               Xterra
  3. Ashok chaturvedi                        Pajero
  4. Jason Johnson                           Jeep Wrangler
  5. Abu Muhammad                         Toyota Sequoia
  6. Hardik Mody                                Montero Sport
  7. Vanessa8580                              Pajero
  8. Francois Germishuys                  Ford F150
  9. Vijaysekhar                                 Jeep Wrangler
  10. Dagdag Sofiane                          Pajero
  11. Hatim Patharia                            Jeep Wrangler
  12. tcarrimjee                                    Nissan patrol Silver
  13. Shaaz Sha                                  Jeep Wrangler
  14. Miguel Ibarbia                             FJ Cruiser

@jodha singh shekhawat @Ashok chaturvedi @Jason Johnson @Abu Muhammad @Hardik Mody @Vanessa8580 @Francois Germishuys @Vijaysekhar @Dagdag Sofiane @Hatim Patharia @tcarrimjee @Shaaz Sha @Miguel Ibarbia

Please be on time, sharp at 5:30 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 1 - 446.006'25 freq.

Deflate your tires to 15 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY

PLEASE WATCH BELOW MANDATORY VIDEO WITHOUT ANY DISTRACTIONS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ali Abas Ali said:

Dear MR Gaurav 

Is there any chance for me to join the team for tomorrow? 

It's very surprising to see only one drop out this week, and drive is still full.

Due to safety reasons we dont exceed 12 count of newbies in a convoy otherwise I would have made some exception.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

LAST REMINDER

Please read and click "Totally Agree" on this below Embedded post and  not on my this post.

@Ashok chaturvedi @Shaaz Sha @Miguel Ibarbia @Vijaysekhar @jodha singh shekhawat

Thanks Gaurav, done 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Gaurav@Vanessa8580 and all other wonderful guys for today's drive . It was a superb drive and cud learn much about controlling the vehicle at speed and much more. It was thanks to gaurav and Vanessa for the support and effort  comments and directions while tackling the pink rock. You guys are doing aa superb job 

@Gaurav@Vanessa8580 and all other wonderful guys for today's drive . It was a superb drive and cud learn much about controlling the vehicle at speed and much more. It was thanks to gaurav and Vanessa for the support and effort  comments and directions while tackling the pink rock. You guys are doing aa superb job

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

TRIP REPORT

With an amazing change of weather now it was very refreshing to enjoy cool breeze at morning while deflating tires. Looks like we all waited for this so for so long and finally much-awaited winters are approaching. 

Almost everyone was on time and we were ready within 10-15 minutes to start the drive. As per nice and strong newbie convoy I intended to head towards the big read direction and then loop back on left side to head to Pink rock from the tall dune side. We had loads of side swing and everyone performed fairly well with couple of refusals and just one stuck. By 7:30 we all reached to Pink rock and newbie with 4+ drive experience started practicing their very first side sloping with small U-turn. Inspite of tremendous traffic at pink rock in morning, everyone in our convoy waited patiently for their turns to make it safe for 1 car at a time doing a sidey and coming back safely. Thank you everyone.

Due to insane cross tracks in that area with churned up sand by hundreds of 4WD everyone face difficulty in starting and then limiting their climb capability with a slow start and a weak momentum. There is practically nothing you and your car can do unless you pick a far off place and smooth line of attack to increase the momentum just before the hill climb. So I request all newbie not to judge yourself and your rides with yesterday limited hill climb at pink rock.

@jodha singh shekhawat thanks for doing the wonderful second lead and being very responsible to hold or redirect the convoy. After 1 or 2 drive you can apply for Fewbie promotion by yourself. Your overall drive skills are ready for fewbie level, but you just need a firm control over side sloping.

@Ashok chaturvedi every time I am seeing you and your Pajero, I see the big improvement in your driving style, confidence and car stance with an adequate lift and a bash plate now. You have done fantastic yesterday and you may apply for your fewbie promotion, please.

@Jason Johnson It was good to see you getting along with manual gearing and started enjoying now with little practice and confidence. As I mention, keep practicing manual gear driving in sand and you will get better but experience of on-road driving of manual gear cannot replace the learning of sand. Also with big beafy tires, try 10 PSI and see if it helps you more, ideally they should.

@Abu Muhammad it was very nice to see how you manage to sail through Sequoia and yet enjoy every dune and sidey with confidence and ease. Keep it up and always remember the size and weight limitation while off-roading to not to cause any damage or sticky situations.

@Hardik Mody I guess it's time for you to start exploring how to switch of the traction or ABS interference that is preventing your montero truly potential to unleash. Although you did perfect in 99% drive but that just 1% lacking from montero spirit must be irritating for you. Don't sweat as it happen to all of us and slowly you will get through this too. @Foxtrot Oscar I remember you driving your montero with quite an open throttle, maybe you can share your tips please.

@Vanessa8580 you and your enthusiasm always add great touch to any drive. Thanks for your center forward support, patience and tolerance.

@Francois Germishuys Im really sorry that you have to return from the deflation point because we couldn't locate the rear tow point on your beautiful truck. I know we must have missed this before (somehow) but front and back tow hooks are mandatory for all off-road drives. Thanks for understanding and appreciate your patience, see you soon.

@Vijaysekhar as I havent heard much from you and I assume you were doing great at the back and you did perfect in following that small re-route we did just before pink rock.

@tcarrimjee you still manage to survive with Y62 bumper is an achievement and testament of your patience and caution. I suggest ask more suggestion in a new post from @Chaitanya D, @Lucky sAm and @Salarios

@Dagdag Sofiane your drive style has improved a lot over last few weeks and I feel you are ready for the fewbie promotion now, please apply it through the structure.

@Hatim Patharia good to see you growing up in in this sport and practicing safely every week. For your wrangler standard ground clearance is about 8-9 inches and in Rubicon it has 9-11 inches. So now you can measure yours and find difference to identify your lift is 6/8/10 inches and then decide to lower it up to 4-6 Inches MAX for better and safer center of gravity.

@Shaaz Sha you were doing fantastic with your wrangler and if you already have one then I dont see a point of buying V8 Land cruiser for off-road unless you need more comfy and spacious ride. Wranglers are far more responsive and agile than Land Cruiser and well known for all round better off-road capability. For newbie - fewbie level land cruiser might be comfortable but for doing the intermediate level heavier cars are slightly more difficult to manage.

@Miguel Ibarbia it was nice to see you after a long time and thanks for your wonderful support as a sweep to keep a watchful eye on the whole convoy and keep us informed at all times. You seem to be ready too for fewbie level, please apply it through the new structure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use