•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

On 10/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, Mohamed Seidam said:

Hello desert wanderers 

please find below two links a refusal/ stuck of mine ... what happened and why got stuck ? 

Self recovery

First Video at 0.28 sec you have very less momentum to go through that soft sand and climb on. One has to keep momentum and distance while doing in and out of bowls. Tricky but one will get better with each drive, more you do it the more you get better, confident and safe. Well done

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi desert wanderers 

1. @Ashy refusal , heavy shoveling and eventually self recovered ( the recovery part couldn’t make it .. if some one record it that  please can add it here ) 

2. @Lorenzo Candelpergher tugging @Abu Muhammad Giant Sequoia 

3. @Janarthan X redirecting @Veedooshee pajero 

4. The last one front vs back tugging .. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Mohamed Seidam for your efforts, it’s nice to look at these clips and remind ourselves of the mistakes and learn. 

Always safety is first specially when it comes to Tugging and you’ll definitely find that with Carnity and Mr @Lorenzo Candelpergher.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

7 minutes ago, Abu Muhammad said:

Thank you @Mohamed Seidam for your efforts, it’s nice to look at these clips and remind ourselves of the mistakes and learn. 

Always safety is first specially when it comes to Tugging and you’ll definitely find that with Carnity and Mr @Lorenzo Candelpergher.

@Abu Muhammad I always revise the tape post drive , then you realize details that was overlooked when you are relaxed at home . I believe this is the best way to learn , in other words I always get my home work done before the next drive . And as a community I like to share it so others can learn too . 
In my opinion the theory supported by real Audiovisual Pre and especially post drive is essential if not crucial .

i hope you got your steering power issue sorted out eventually .

cheers 🚙👍🙏🏻

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nice recovery clip taken by @Neale Faulkner and posted after permission . watch and observe please 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Where is the initial pitfall ? One best answer please 😊

a) direction of tug .

b) multiple attempts.

c) communication .

d) rope .

e) Xterra tires direction .

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3

Surely a very good post and an amazing video. Good points are:

A) Direction of the tug.

B) Multiple attempts

Bad points:

A) no proper communication.

B) rope looks suspect

C) Xterra tire direction should have been to the left.

D) no attempt to dig in front of right tire to clear the path.

E) throttle applied at wrong times to dig himself in further.

F) not enough tire deflation.

Just some things which I observed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Rahim Bhai, I agree to your points  but pls advise if a straighter tugging line be better . I do get that it will require the prado to be on an incline but the incline is not looking too high. What about tugging from the rear?
Also I think the you mean the xterra tire direction towards towards the prado, right?

• Like (+1) 3

My humble observation : all points from a to d can be optimized if any in this particular recovery clip 

I believe the only variable which is strong here was from the Beginning was point e) , initially the direction of the Xterra were the opposite and not in line with the direction of the recovery pull and that’s why multiple tugs were not successful at the beginning . Later in the clip when this was realized by the by stander and advised the driver to turn the wheel the car recovered immediately .

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use