•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

Welcome back @Atif bhai. It's such a pleasure to hear from you again. Yes the wheel of the Xterra was pointing in the wrong direction. As @Mohamed Seidam correctly pointed it should have been pointing in the direction of the pull. As per experience the wheel becomes impossible to turn when buried in sand that's why I pointed out a little digging, plus it would make a nice way rather than damaging the bumper, in this case he was lucky.

@Atif bhai the other point of whether it could ve recovered from a slightly higher point, I think not, I think the angle used was correct. When recovering the vehicle making the recovery should be on a flat firm surface if possible. As per my experience no matter how slight the incline, when recovering you're at low speeds and starting off gravity will start to pull the car side ways and you'll not be able to build the momentum to give the tug required as sand will be building on the recovering vehicle's tire as well. In worst possible situation you can have both cars stuck with the rope at full stretch. As for recovering from behind we have only view of the angles in front and can't make out what the situation is behind thus cannot comment.

Recoveries like this is always a useful tool to learn from and I'm very grateful to @Mohamed Seidam starting st h a wonderful thread. I thank you @Atif bhai for questioning the method, without questions being asked we will only have limited learning opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

As per my experience no matter how slight the incline, when recovering you're at low speeds and starting off gravity will start to pull the car side ways and you'll not be able to build the momentum to give the tug required as sand will be building on the recovering vehicle's tire as well.

Totally agree with @Rahimdad brother and in worse scenario not only both cars may get stuck . But a flip risk is increased as well 

thank you for the valuable comments and the pearls that you always highlight whenever there is a debate or question .🙏🏻

• Like (+1) 2

@Abu Muhammad stuck in a pocket and @Tamas Hoffmann recovers him

thank you @Kalahari for the instructions 👍and @Tamas Hoffmann for the execution 

then @Abu Muhammad revs the heck out of the beast out 😄👍

My own stuck , nice and smooth recovery by @Tamas Hoffmann thank you a lot 👍

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Thank you @Mohamed Seidam for the supportive educational videos. Also Thanks to @Tamas Hoffmann, @Kalahari for great help and supports and everyone for their great teamwork. As always it was pleasure driving with you guys.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Mohamed Seidam it was nice to catch up with you today in Qudra. I really appreciate your persistence in posting these videos every week. However it would be nice if we had more people shooting such educational videos.

@Abu Muhammad it's good to see your vehicle in action, however it seems to be looking taller from our initial tutorial in Mahafiz area.

Nice to hear from you @Rahimdad, yes you’re right it had some changes and still going through MOD steps. You know I love Tundra but it’s small for family so my choice had to be Sequoia and I try to make it Sequndra lol. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Carnity 

hello desert wanderers 

every one knows what are the responsibilities of the sec lead , Center forward and sweep in convoys and all result in helping keeping the “ train on the rail “ however derailing the train is sometimes necessary and when safe off course. Here comes the decision of the second lead with or without direct instructions from the lead. 

when you see the following clip it will tell why I posted it in this thread from the well known proverb prevention is better than cure 

Please comment . Did I do it correct ?

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Mohamed Seidam a very good example. Sometimes you can see the car in front of you struggling, always a good idea to reroute as all ways lead to same destination in the desert. One thing to point out though is there are different ways to reroute and the higher you ride the ridge the more firm the sand. Since the Jeep in front was somewhere in the middle the soft sand tugged it down but just managed to fight it's way out. You took the easiest option of coming down and rejoining the convoy. Sometimes safer the better.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Mohamed Seidam a very good example. Sometimes you can see the car in front of you struggling, always a good idea to reroute as all ways lead to same destination in the desert. One thing to point out though is there are different ways to reroute and the higher you ride the ridge the more firm the sand. Since the Jeep in front was somewhere in the middle the soft sand tugged it down but just managed to fight it's way out. You took the easiest option of coming down and rejoining the convoy. Sometimes safer the better.

Thank you @Rahimdad brother for the comment which I totally agree with . One thing I would like to add . In a split of a second I thought of riding it to the top as you said , but I realized that I need to momentum it up to get it done and that will bring me closed to the leader in front of me , this might make me to slow and get stuck and if i pass it the third one or fourth may not , so as you said I took the easiest way down providing that the belly is wider with vegetation and less softy,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Always great to have a healthy discussion as you always learn from these. I agree brother @Mohamed Seidam, your route selection was perfect for the situation and if I was in your situation I should also have done the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use