Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Winch recovery executed by @Hisham Masaad in a night drive in Qudra. 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

You know guys recovery is an essential art in sand off-roading and from time to time I try to keep this thread reviving by posting some clips relevant to our trips , and encourage all to do please as well for the sake  of our all collective benefit 🙏

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:13 PM, M.Seidam said:

@Carnity

Dear friends 

I would like to share with you my experience in how came about and how I got my self out from what you are about to read below. 

Just for the one who doesn’t know me I tell you that the only place where I am super vigilant is the desert 🌵 and all my solo trips with my little one or family for a slide or quick ride had never in a time was free of one refusal here or one simple  stuck there  or even passing by stuck people needed help and always we got away luckily with it . .. this time no little one was with me “luckily” and I was totally alone ! 

Monday morning ,after a long weekend stuck in the hospital operating , I decided after I dropped the kids to school to take a detour toward Qudra my backyard my favourite and still it is 😄 for a quick spin looping most of its boarders north to south and west to east along, but this loop was meant to be completed on foot and not by car. 
Parallel with the pylon track and just two dunes to navigate to get to the sabkha from where I can cut short half the pylon to exit I got bogged sideway in a super soft sand when i knew i cannot make it without severely fight gravity and I came like that 👇

image.jpeg.94ce82f337789ca6dbcb167636d90c3f.jpegimage.jpeg.5be7a1b94965ccf63bcb71282e43f516.jpegimage.jpeg.712ae378846790dd45ebbca85e9e739e.jpeg 

It was almost 9:30 am . Got down to see from all angles and surrounding. I managed to slide the car step by step ( clearing the sand walls / sliding down sequence ) and I knew that there will be a pocket waiting fro me down that I needed to take all my skills and judgment to navigate away from it tell I realised that I got a pop out of my left front tire .

9DE51E4F-87EB-4774-B572-40043E71A35F.jpeg.9141f8795a7c142d20da9ae9fa3f4db1.jpegF5C6DE68-9C81-49AC-997E-FDAB903C62EF.jpeg.636754f40492c16366abab7667b9d110.jpeg

At this moment it was time to leave after I called my wife and my friend @Chaitanya D telling them that I am leaving my car . saving the location and after that I abounded my Xterra 

0F38CEB5-CC84-4802-AF56-DACDE388DBA4.jpeg.d0b19c876d41f6ca6a778335bf594949.jpeg

it was 12:30 pm almost when I left my car and within 10 min climbing few dunes I was on foot standing on the pylon track  . Luckily I got a lift by one passing car to the Main Street where I got a cap to my home ….later in the evening I went back to the car with my friend Dr Chaitanya @Chaitanya D to have a look and just to realize both of us that the daylight has better and safer eyes . Thank you a ton my friend for taking all the effort and risk in the dark but most important we got back home unhurt. 

next day I informed Carnity seniors about the story and on Wednesday 3 pm a group lead by @Gaurav we met my self , @Hisham Masaad @Shaaz Sha @Gaurav Soni and Abdulghani ( son of Hisham ) whom they picked me up from my home place ( thank you for that 🙏🙏)  and reached where my stuck car was to start an extreme recovery that ended successfully with no complications . I wish if I have a better word of sincere thank you to all of you to say it 🙏

i will leave you watch the clips for the process how we recovered the car which is better than any words 

image.jpeg.5f55cc9dbf87d51aba999ed0b751e147.jpeg

Learning points 

1. No matter how experience you are with all the skills and gadgets you have, unforeseen  simple soft dune can turn your day upside down . I was lucky that I had half turn 😅. please don’t venture on your own is the best idea .

2. The day light has better eyes where all resources can be available.

3. Keeping cool nerves like ice when you face your self against Mother Nature and hopefully what I did was the right time in the right place ( don’t deepen in the middle of nowhere if deemed necessary solo ) 

4. Analyzing the situation and giving proper feedback as accurate as possible before coming to the recovery zone.

5. Together you can do what seems impossible to be done . 

6. Knowledge is power . technically I just learned that pulling the car against gravity utilizing the snatch block is so amazing. 

7.it’s all about team work what bring solutions into reality .

Great report on a very unusual stuck. 

Well done team Carnity and @M.Seidam. Kudos to all who were involved 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

Kudos to all who were involved 

Kudos to you my friend as well , been always there sparing no efforts for help whenever needed 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

@M.Seidam I'm sad you didn't invite me for this recovery. Could have learnt a trick or two from @Gaurav.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, M.Seidam said:

Qudra my backyard my favourite and still it is

Hi @M.Seidam thanks for sharing, amazing recovery and most of all what a great display of camaraderie throughout Carnity.

Just out of curiosity, could you share the location where this happened? that sand looks very soft, the area very technical too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use