•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

5 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hi @M.Seidam thanks for sharing, amazing recovery and most of all what a great display of camaraderie throughout Carnity.

Just out of curiosity, could you share the location where this happened? that sand looks very soft, the area very technical too.

Sure 

24°46'32.2"N 55°20'22.1"E
https://goo.gl/maps/W1jmsFeYZJebiTBx9

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Friends 

@Carnity @Imteeaz @Arda Yagcioglu ( pict and clip curtesy to you thank you ) @Lawrence_Chehimi @Gok Krish

keeping this thread Alive I put this from Sweihan drives V 

I got wedged as you see in the picture below after shoveling the sand wall from behind the rear tires and right front and made it to be prepared for what comes next . I asked @Imteeaz to go back and forth from where he is supposed to recover me to prepare a track for him self . After that 4 ropes connected ( 50 meters ) and I was redirected . Comments are welcome always so we can always learn develop and improve 

21C6AD88-EC4A-45C3-B35D-446076271FB0.jpeg.0d2296d7522cff482fcdc1158e3f31cd.jpeg

A559FE8C-65B5-48E7-AE37-F2741D5264F7.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

13 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear Friends 

@Carnity @Imteeaz @Arda Yagcioglu ( pict and clip curtesy to you thank you ) @Lawrence_Chehimi @Gok Krish

keeping this thread Alive I put this from Sweihan drives V 

I got wedged as you see in the picture below after shoveling the sand wall from behind the rear tires and right front and made it to be prepared for what comes next . I asked @Imteeaz to go back and forth from where he is supposed to recover me to prepare a track for him self . After that 4 ropes connected ( 50 meters ) and I was redirected . Comments are welcome always so we can always learn develop and improve 

21C6AD88-EC4A-45C3-B35D-446076271FB0.jpeg.0d2296d7522cff482fcdc1158e3f31cd.jpeg

A559FE8C-65B5-48E7-AE37-F2741D5264F7.jpeg

Hats off @M.Seidam... Well executed recovery with precise instruction.. 👏 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Rizwanm2 .. actually after the last time in Sweihan III we learned it better . If at all possible try to avoid the rope being in super tight and always try to keep the recovery car at the best gravity advantage . Even if you use 10 ropes . I remember ( somewhere in this thread maybe you will find it ) Richard used a very long connected ropes to bring a car stuck at the base of an ascending soft ramp .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Well managed @M.Seidam, taking the time to analyze the situation, and putting in place what is required to limit the stress on the vehicles, and the risks for everyone !

I was stuck in similar situation in my last drive, and managed to get out thanks to the capabilities of the car :)

But I realize afterwards that it would have been difficult to recover. I will keep in mind your step by step approach for the next one !

image.jpeg.cf3751e91d82ea2b5dfaeed3ea62b9c0.jpegimage.jpeg.e0dabbf6617b08e433d5e6b0a483419b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

52 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Well managed @M.Seidam, taking the time to analyze the situation, and putting in place what is required to limit the stress on the vehicles, and the risks for everyone !

I was stuck in similar situation in my last drive, and managed to get out thanks to the capabilities of the car :)

But I realize afterwards that it would have been difficult to recover. I will keep in mind your step by step approach for the next one !

image.jpeg.cf3751e91d82ea2b5dfaeed3ea62b9c0.jpegimage.jpeg.e0dabbf6617b08e433d5e6b0a483419b.jpeg

Nice one @JeromeFJ.  Rear diff lock is real gem in this kind of situations.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:21 PM, Gaurav said:

We started using additional rope support on every soft/medium/hard tugs.

It cost additional 30 seconds but safeguard everyone life and expensive damage.

image.png

Out of interest, is there any reason why this isn't practiced any more within @Carnity? Although in my time with Carnity I have only seen two failures (one was the tow point shearing off on a car being tugged, resulting in a near miss, and the other more recent one was the soft shackle breaking on the car that was tugging, resulting in considerable damage to the car being tugged from the recoiling kinetic rope) this additional safety measure would have prevented both incidents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Tom B this method is a good one to lessen the impact , but not to prevent it if it happens. It is still practiced maybe not frequently or as routine but as the situation dictates when hard tug is anticipated or to pull a dead car. In this thread somewhere ( will try to find it ) will show another example when I was pulled using the safety belt 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use