•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

@topgear thank you for the videos . 
my observation : gentleness what is needed and mutual understanding for the driver who recovers and the recovered one in terms of time when pull/ tug is executed .when I see this and I get on crest I know and anticipate what the vehicle behind me is just about to do . Also the radio communication is loud and clear .

excellent job

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Recovery from a crest without tug

Car is crested like below

20200904_181200.jpg.aae24bf4c5eba0b5ecaa033ead104f9f.jpg

Recovery with a shovel only ? 

20200904_184358.jpg.9c15542d70334b14de968fb3e3a97d9f.jpg

One has to start shoveling in the front of the car at the center between two tyres ( as in videos below) . The V channel will displace the sand from the crest hitting the belly . Once u see clearly all sand has come off the belly all the way to back of the car and infact see the horizon/sky under the car , put car in 4L , low rpm and u will come out!

Caution: Do not remove any sand under the wheels and do not remove any sand from the side

@Mohamed Seidam

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you a lot @Chaitanya D for posting this valuable videos .impressive and logical 👍🚙🌷

cheers and be safe 

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...

When not keeping enough distance , but actually it was inevitable I had to stuck my self on purpose 

What do you think dear off-roaders ?

What happened here ?

look first and the second 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello dear off-roaders 

last Friday morning and evening drives were rich in thrill and experience and every drive carries along with it it’s own taste.

revising my own tape after each drive I discover details that it might have been overlooked unintentionally. Watching others tapes discovering how much still I don’t know and how much patience and determination is required  to learn precision and how to be in control 

from this weekend drive it turned out for me at least how important is the protection of the front underneath ( skid plate , bash plate , under armer ...etc ) which off-course will never be a substitute to the skills but it helps sometimes when waves slam the boat unexpectedly.

also I learn my own vehicle dynamics and response and when to release the gas and when to push , when to steer or just let go . 

Also I realized how can you trouble shoot and try find solution on your own.

last but not least learning how to Lead is the trust of the whole convoy behind that will do the best to maintain compliance and stick to the rules of convoy and tasks given and this is well seen and appreciated by all.

I wanted to share my thoughts that’s why I wrote.

cheers 👍🚙🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

8 minutes ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Recoveries from SolarPark Newbie Drive 18/09/2020 lead by @Srikumar and supported by @Janarthan

@Sreejith Sreenivasan 

thank you indeed for the sharing here appreciate that all can see and Learn 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, Mohamed Seidam said:

When not keeping enough distance , but actually it was inevitable I had to stuck my self on purpose 

What do you think dear off-roaders ?

What happened here ?

look first and the second 

@RaYan E's wheels were pointing full left when @Srikumar was making the first two tugs. That's why from your view, it wasn't moving. He later corrected it when someone pointed it out over the radio. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use