•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

15 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

I found this by chance 

how useful and how safe ? Opinions please 

Will be good to fix your pop outs if you have a Jack like that.

I don't know the costs involved and installation ? Weather this will cause issues at RtTW reregistration  ?? Roll bars are not allowed in RTA for renewal of registration as these are only for cars used in extreme sports with permissions 

• Like (+1) 4

Fancy gadget... Until you use it 10 times and the sand starts to get inbetween the cylinder, or the hoses start to leak. You will also need an onboard air compressor.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Chaitanya D, @Emmanuel and @Frederic for feedback 

me personally I am not a big fan of offroad car modifications and I wish to go completely stock . However slight modification for the purpose of our drives especially from intermediate and further up is inevitable . 

regarding this hydraulic  jack or what ever it’s name is while I agree with the highlighted disadvantages . May be can be improved by a larger surface area of the base on ground. Sand in between cylinder I think shouldn’t be a problem if good seal is there and also not to rely on this as solely to the slightest stuck. the biggest disadvantage is RTA registration.

As we go in convoy and our aim Is to enjoy and learn , I believe this is an individual idea for a lone desert wanderer Who rely on his own most of the time !

👍🚙😎

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

18 minutes ago, Nitin Mohan said:

@Mohamed Seidam  Thanks for sharing this thread. 
This is @Gaurav recovering the Pajero from last week drive at Pink Rock with the radio guidance.

Thank you @Nitin Mohan for the recovery clip , priceless learning tool indeed 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello desert wanderers 

please find below two links a refusal/ stuck of mine ... what happened and why got stuck ? 

Self recovery

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Hello desert wanderers 

please find below two links a refusal/ stuck of mine ... what happened and why got stuck ? 

Self recovery

The best way to learn is to document the event ( that’s why I record almost my entire trip when Possible ) and revise the relevant event ) ... in the first video I think main reason of my refusal was lack of proper momentum and I knew it by saying it in the the recovery one.

the second refusal or stuck also lost momentum because I deviated from the proper curve and by the time Brette already passed I was aiming at his trajectory that my X was not in line with it any more , in other words , I was in a situation to fight gravity with lower momentum in an already churned terrain . As a result got stuck . i realize later in the trip when we were going up hill I was about to get into the same situation , instead turned down the bowel , circled twice till I got through but didn’t stop at all ( unfortunately that part was not recorded ) ! 

Please if any one can add to this let me know , not only for me , but for every one .

cheers all 🚙🌷😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use