Summer Off-road Adventures

The Greatest of Recoveries

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear passionate off roaders When I had my first absolute newbie couple weeks ago it was short cut by bad nose landing ( was entirely my fault and I know it ) . Thank God zero human injury and the

Many thanks to @M.Seidam, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, and @Ashok chaturvedi for great teamwork, patience, and calm approach to managing such extreme recovery. Last night after the newbie drive

@Gaurav @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Ashok chaturvedi It’s indeed for me a never forgotten memorable super event of a literally super team work of an extreme recovery situation which was executed by

Posted Images

@topgear most appreciate to keep adding recovery videos here to share best practices. Well done @Mohamed Seidam for stating such a wonderful thread, very happy to see you start a trend here.

• Like (+1) 4
3 hours ago, topgear said:

How do you guys upload videos here?

My videos are above 25mb therefore unable to upload it. I am trying to compress it.  I am not too IT savvy so would like to know some alternatives.

Put it on YouTube. Then you can click share and copy the link and paste it here. Your videos should automatically embed

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@topgear thank you for the videos . 
my observation : gentleness what is needed and mutual understanding for the driver who recovers and the recovered one in terms of time when pull/ tug is executed .when I see this and I get on crest I know and anticipate what the vehicle behind me is just about to do . Also the radio communication is loud and clear .

excellent job

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Recovery from a crest without tug

Car is crested like below

20200904_181200.jpg.aae24bf4c5eba0b5ecaa033ead104f9f.jpg

Recovery with a shovel only ? 

20200904_184358.jpg.9c15542d70334b14de968fb3e3a97d9f.jpg

One has to start shoveling in the front of the car at the center between two tyres ( as in videos below) . The V channel will displace the sand from the crest hitting the belly . Once u see clearly all sand has come off the belly all the way to back of the car and infact see the horizon/sky under the car , put car in 4L , low rpm and u will come out!

Caution: Do not remove any sand under the wheels and do not remove any sand from the side

@Mohamed Seidam

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you a lot @Chaitanya D for posting this valuable videos .impressive and logical 👍🚙🌷

cheers and be safe 

• Like (+1) 3
  • 2 weeks later...

When not keeping enough distance , but actually it was inevitable I had to stuck my self on purpose 

What do you think dear off-roaders ?

What happened here ?

look first and the second 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club

And enjoy multiple level off-road drives - every weekend.

Important Information

Terms of use