•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

From inside the cabin , please listen to the engine ( blip blip ) and along with right and left steering , notice the mini movement of the vehicle 

• Well Done (+2) 2

Crest and rope 

E6BA03CE-0225-4ACB-9061-29D09361D7F4.jpegthanks @Veedooshee for the pict and @Gaurav Soni for the tug

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

This is the best crest I have ever seen and the winch was of no less in perfection 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

From NB drive on 12/3/2021 please watch and listen to the radio , it’s more redirecting the vehicle for better recovery as the stuck vehicle was on super soft sand and my self on soft sand . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

10 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I think a little digging around his front right tire would have made things easier. Job well done at the end and that's what matters most.

Thank you Rahim bhai for your comments. Yes we had done a lot of shoveling with no progress. He was sinking more and the whole car belly was on sand when I had to call in rope to nudge him out of that soft pocket 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks Dr @Chaitanya D.  What I'm trying to say is a rope recovery as was done with some space made in front of the Pajero right tire would gave helped. But I was not there and can't judge properly, you guys were there and had it sorted out. Kudos to your team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Winch recovery , sometimes in particular situations winch is inevitable and even advisable if available . .. operating a winch has its own approach regarding handling and safety . Well done @Chaitanya D 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Double rope recovery 

Please look below for the comments of @Gaurav bhai which I totally agree with

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello desert Wanderers 

Previously there was a discussion somewhere else in this nice and lovely forum of @Carnity about ropes . I just would like to get this straight . 

there are basically two kind of ropes and they serve different purpose 

the first is the snatch or tow rope and it’s stiff and very strong and it’s designed for lifting several tons like in construction or towing a vehicle , hence called tow rope 

the other type is recovery or kinetic rope and this is the one we use in sand and I say in sand not in wadi or gravel terrain  and obviously it’s purpose not to tow but to recover utilising the stored  kinetic energy being built during the stretch to recoil along the length of the rope and the rebound effect what brings the bogged vehicle out of the Sandy pit , bowl or pocket . The point is that we let this process to happen smoothly and gradual depending on difficulty of the situation . At times when we are bound of little space we tend to shorten the distance and shortening the length of the rope and I think this has nothing to do with increasing the power of strength as long as it’s one rope and not latterly two separate ropes. 

please let us know more , I might be wrong !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use