•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

@Frederic, you are right, doubling the rope will only doubles its capacity, My bad, I didn't consider that the elongation/strech will also be split between the two half, thus no change in energy..

Thanks for clearing that out.

It's good to have such discussions as missing one detail can completely change the outcome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Triple rope recovery by @Wrangeld.. From Al Faqaa drive today. Clear cut instructions  and perfect execution by Richard! Very well done 👍. The whole patch was super soft and I had to deflate further to cross that. Thanks to @imranaasghar81 for reminding me to check my tire pressure.

While this recovery was happening, you can see another recovery in the background by another convoy. They had to recover the same car twice back to back from the same spot 🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @Sreejith Sreenivasan for sharing . Very smoothly and nicely done , clarity in communication is superb . Well done 👍👌🙏 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Triple rope recovery by @Wrangeld.. From Al Faqaa drive today. Clear cut instructions  and perfect execution by Richard! Very well done 👍. The whole patch was super soft and I had to deflate further to cross that. Thanks to @imranaasghar81 for reminding me to check my tire pressure.

While this recovery was happening, you can see another recovery in the background by another convoy. They had to recover the same car twice back to back from the same spot 🤣

Sreejith, 

Thanks for posting this. It's really great to see and I love the crested recovery going on in the background.

We've had some learning on this over the months, and as we had no-one on the convoy with a winch, this was the option. The only addition I think worth mentioning was that in addition to the three ropes, to make sure that the pull was successfully executed, I added a bridle on my car with a 20 tonne snatch rope and asked @Baskaran P.R to maintain tension on the rope once moving so that we could clear the whole of the soft patch and avoid catching any of the ropes in his axle.

As so often happens when the tires are under a lot of tension while trying to exit a soft patch like this, the pop-out we had to fix on the car once free was unfotunate as it took more time.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you Richard @Wrangeld indeed for the invaluable comments and explanation for the above recovery. 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Amazing @Wrangeld just loved your voice commands. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Amazing effort, clarity of comms, and just perfect tug @Wrangeld - as always.

Any clue who these two guys standing outside the car and breaking the COVID precautions?

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of use