•  

The Greatest of Recoveries

M.Seidam

2 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Wonder how old are Gaia maps.. does not show deep pits on the peak.

Almost all sat nav maps - Gaia, Google maps, ESRI, motionX update frequency range from 6 months to 2 years.

These recent changes must be done with confusing wind patterns, climate change, or cloud seeding (maybe). In the pocket where I was stuck, as soon I climbed that ridge, I saw the opposite side ridge (180 degrees) collapsed like water - I have never seen that before. It means these dips and craters were recently formed, like a day or two old.

I have never seen so many craters on top of big red in the last 15 years of my off-roading. Usually Big red mostly have one or two smooth bumps or stairs on top where we slow down and gas up again to climb.

• WOW (+2) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

35 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Almost all sat nav maps - Gaia, Google maps, ESRI, motionX update frequency range from 6 months to 2 years.

These recent changes must be done with confusing wind patterns, climate change, or cloud seeding (maybe). In the pocket where I was stuck, as soon I climbed that ridge, I saw the opposite side ridge (180 degrees) collapsed like water - I have never seen that before. It means these dips and craters were recently formed, like a day or two old.

I have never seen so many craters on top of big red in the last 15 years of my off-roading. Usually Big red mostly have one or two smooth bumps or stairs on top where we slow down and gas up again to climb.

Could not agree more. Waiting for the day..not too far in future  when we see live Sat pictures. A technology does exit where we can fly an advance drone but cumbersome and hard to get it work and the hassels with the authorities. Also may kill the fun of drives. Finally salute your patience and skills. Loved the way you recovered Kashif jeep.. sadly I could not watch the last part must have been tough.

• Like (+1) 2

You should check out the super bowl!! In Today’s drive with @Islam Soliman we couldn’t believe how much the dunes changed in the last few week… the approach to Super Bowl from the right is virtually non existent… the winds were covering tracks made barely hours ago…. As if Mother Nature gave us a new course!! 

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

• Like (+1) 3

• 4 weeks later...

Super soft sand with low momentum brought our  friend @Lakshmi Narasimhan to a halt . However with some shoveling with a hand from @Shehab Alawadhi he was out 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

From the morning  F+ 14/08/2021 

the first one and upon awesome crest from @Adhir Saxena and proper crest breaking shoveling from lots of hands and instructions from the lead @Islam Soliman quickly recovered 

The next one almost similar however @Zixuan Huang - Charlie was slightly oblique and a tug was a better choice 

The following one was another awesome sideway crest of @Islam Soliman which fully self recovered with little patience and much experience 😅👍

Still other two of side way crest one redirecting the car on the hard face while the other on the slip face … depends on the situation and the position of vehicle and the sweet spot of the recovery vehicle as well

Bear with me please just couldn’t leave before I get my own share from this action. While I was trying positioning my self to help the lead his pocket stuck I got stuck my self ( 2 in 1 as @Islam Solimansaid 🤣

first we got our lead out thanks for the brilliant multiple tugs by @Looper ( no clip for this as I was busy coordinating this recovery ). Hope some one got it .

then I got my X tugged from the back by @Islam Solimanthank you 🙏

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Can’t open the link @Sunil Mathewcan you publish it as public or grant access please ?🙏

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use