•  
Advertise here

Dune Driving after both Transmission and Convertor overhaul

I would like to know if there is cooling period to take my Pajero 3.8  model 2005  straight to the Dunes after overhauling the transmission and convertor.. thanks

23 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

I would like to know if there is cooling period to take my Pajero 3.8  model 2005  straight to the Dunes after overhauling the transmission and convertor.. thanks

Hi Ashok, 

I tend to think that if work is done, and if it is under gaurantee by the garage unless they told me not to do something a desert drive is the perfect shakedown to see if the work was done well. 

I presume that you had the gearbox and torque converter done. The parts should not need to be 'run in' like used to be the case with old engines. Just take it a bit easy to start with, a nice newbie drive and build up from there. Don't start with Faya. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would test it for a couple of days on the road first just to make sure there are no vibrations, slippage, shifting issues etc. and if it seems good then go for it. It's not strictly necessary but it will give you a feel for if there are any problems before you start abusing it.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1