•  
Advertise here

4x4 not engaging

Team, 

Really would require your support here, from today during our morning drive the 4WD warning light lit up while tried shifting to 4H from 4L. It went off after restarting the vehicle, however now if i try shifting from 2WD to 4H the display blinks and goes blank. The 4WD warning is showing up. Not sure even it is shifting. have anyone experienced such issues with your Xterra's. 

Appreciate everyones input on the matter, any checks i can do / solve myself or do i need to take to garage?

Thanks in advance

Mukundan

• Like (+1) 2

Seems like a dying solenoid or dead.

Remove battery terminals for 15 min so it can eliminate any electrical gone wonky scenario.

If still behave the same after 15 min, you need to show it to mechanic to check solenoid or its connections.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Mukundan Nair did you install ABS kill switch ? 
regardless I agree with @Gaurav for checking . 
sometimes even washing can cause this if there is contact !

cheers 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Well done @Mukundan Nair for finding a working solution and coming back to post a copy here for everyone's future reference.

THIS IS THE TRUE COMMUNITY SPIRIT. 👏

Rather than just sitting and complaining Xterra forum is not informative here as not many BOTHER to come back and contribute with the working solution, once their problem is resolved.

Hi @Mukundan Nair 

Totally agree with Gaurav here and pleased for you that you managed to get this sorted. Was really worried on Friday we would need to let you exit once this problem started showing. Delighted you got to enjoy the rest of the drives. 

• Like (+1) 1