•  

COVID compliant Fewbie Morning Desert Drive: Al Lisali to Qudra 11 Sep 2020

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

(Lorenzo and Mehmet, I have a new tried and tested route through so do not worry we are going the same way)

@Wrangeld thank you Richard for your new route discoveries :) Yes, that time we were stuck in the desert until the noon time. But I think the 'ignominious' part was terribly hot weather rather than the stuck itself. No one was able to work constantly to rid out under that monster sun. Anyway, it was a very instructive experience at the end... Fortunately, also the weather is going better in these days... ;) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jun Zamora said:

Thanks @Wrangeld i'm still hoping to be given the chance to be in this drive🙏

if only 12 participants is allowed☺️

HI Jun, 

Your request is clear. I note you were successful on getting a place in another drive, but that this is your preferred option. Let's see how the week develops and if all the other drivers remain in the list. In my experience, there are one or two fall out for unexpected reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes @Wrangeld i booked to Newbie evening drive since there was no more slot for my preferred drive in Fewbie level. If given a chance in Fewbie drive , i'll  give my slot to the waiting list in the Newbie level. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jun Zamora said:

Yes @Wrangeld i booked to Newbie evening drive since there was no more slot for my preferred drive in Fewbie level. If given a chance in Fewbie drive , i'll  give my slot to the waiting list in the Newbie level. 

Hi @Jun Zamora yes, myself, @Emmanuel and @Srikumar all applaud your enthusiasm and it is clear that if a place comes available you will vacate the place in the Newbie drive. Once you get the bug, we all understand that you want to drive as much and as often as possible. 

The Lisali drive in particular, because of the need to get through the technical range, is not one where I will extend the convoy. It is only Monday and normally there are one or two drop outs during the week, so keep looking in and up to date with the attendee list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi @Jun Zamora yes, myself, @Emmanuel and @Srikumar all applaud your enthusiasm and it is clear that if a place comes available you will vacate the place in the Newbie drive. Once you get the bug, we all understand that you want to drive as much and as often as possible. 

The Lisali drive in particular, because of the need to get through the technical range, is not one where I will extend the convoy. It is only Monday and normally there are one or two drop outs during the week, so keep looking in and up to date with the attendee list. 

Thanks @Wrangeld for your understanding in my thirst for a weekly drive. Off road driving for me is no longer a weekend past time or hobby. It's becoming a lifestyle !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Good morning Friday Four by Fourers

@Kailas, @Lisa Pemberton, @Tamas Hoffmann, @Islam Soliman, @Jeandre Bezuidenhout, @Mehmet Volga, @luwaimn, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Vineeth John Joseph, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Jeepie, (reserve list: @Jun Zamora, @Miguel Ibarbia, @Hennie Schoeman, @Sreejith Sreenivasan)

As yet, there are no drop outs from the drive - so reserve list, please keep looking. You will take up places according to your waitlist requests if anyone does drop out at the last minute: it is not unheard of!

What to Expect #1: Pace - after we cross the technical dunes in Lisali there are big wide dunes on which to practice al sorts of techniques and the terrain allows for gathering up some speed. If you are at the end of the convoy, prepare for the concertina effect, which means you will need to be travelling even faster to catch up. 

What to Expect #2: Complexity of dune crossing. As we move into Fewbie territory we want to be moving from straight up and over crossing (still important and required) to more criss crossing. This is where a lot of people get stuck. I will be looking for opportunities to practice this during the drive. 

What to bring: Clear head, enthusiasm and a thinking head. Fewbie is not just about following someone in front it's about starting to make more of your own decisions about momentum of your vehicle, altering the line by a few centimeters, managing your own performance. 

Convoy numbering and further details will be published when the drive closes tomorrow morning. 

See you soon in the sand. 

9 minutes ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

Hi @Wrangeld unfortunately my car is under repair and won't be ready for Friday... someone can have my place. Enjoy!

Hi @Jorge Stepniak Felippe a shame for you, but we all understand. Step froward Mr @Jun Zamora

Jun, please exit from the other drives so that this opens up a space for someone else. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Good morning Friday Four by Fourers

@Kailas, @Lisa Pemberton, @Tamas Hoffmann, @Islam Soliman, @Jeandre Bezuidenhout, @Mehmet Volga, @luwaimn, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Vineeth John Joseph, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Jeepie, (reserve list: @Jun Zamora, @Miguel Ibarbia, @Hennie Schoeman, @Sreejith Sreenivasan)

As yet, there are no drop outs from the drive - so reserve list, please keep looking. You will take up places according to your waitlist requests if anyone does drop out at the last minute: it is not unheard of!

What to Expect #1: Pace - after we cross the technical dunes in Lisali there are big wide dunes on which to practice al sorts of techniques and the terrain allows for gathering up some speed. If you are at the end of the convoy, prepare for the concertina effect, which means you will need to be travelling even faster to catch up. 

What to Expect #2: Complexity of dune crossing. As we move into Fewbie territory we want to be moving from straight up and over crossing (still important and required) to more criss crossing. This is where a lot of people get stuck. I will be looking for opportunities to practice this during the drive. 

What to bring: Clear head, enthusiasm and a thinking head. Fewbie is not just about following someone in front it's about starting to make more of your own decisions about momentum of your vehicle, altering the line by a few centimeters, managing your own performance. 

Convoy numbering and further details will be published when the drive closes tomorrow morning. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Hi @Jorge Stepniak Felippe a shame for you, but we all understand. Step froward Mr @Jun Zamora

Jun, please exit from the other drives so that this opens up a space for someone else. 

Thanks for sharing @Jorge Stepniak Felippe yes i will exit from my other drive .

@Wrangeld Thanks to confirm my RSVP in this drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Wrangeld I'm having real trouble getting my rear bumper replaced after last Friday's drive saw it try to escape the rear of my Pajero. Am I OK to drive if I arrive and remove it for this weekend's drive?

20200909_183531.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

@Wrangeld Hi! Decided late that I can drive this weekend. Saw a free spot, and took it!! But then I read the thread, and now I am confused wheter I can count on my place, or if I "jumped" in front of someone else...?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use