•  

Fixing point for Off Road Flag for Mitsubishi Pajero

Wrangeld

I have flag envy, and need a solution (please). Our TJ has a permanent flag attached to the spare wheet bracket. I would like to put something similar on a Pajero, but cannot find a convenient anchor point. 

In looking for a similar or convenient solutoon for the Parero in the last two weeks I have gone through 3 flags. Where are the best mounting points or solutions for a flag? 

Is there something that can fix to the roof rails? Or is there somewhere else to put the flag (polite answers only please). 

On the rear of the car all the pretty plastic and covers for the spare wheel and door mean there are no points on which to fix a flag. Any solutons from the Pajero crowd? I have in all seriousness, lost three flags in 4 drives. 

TAI

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

I have flag envy, and need a solution (please). Our TJ has a permanent flag attached to the spare wheet bracket. I would like to put something similar on a Pajero, but cannot find a convenient anchor point. 

In looking for a similar or convenient solutoon for the Parero in the last two weeks I have gone through 3 flags. Where are the best mounting points or solutions for a flag? 

Is there something that can fix to the roof rails? Or is there somewhere else to put the flag (polite answers only please). 

On the rear of the car all the pretty plastic and covers for the spare wheel and door mean there are no points on which to fix a flag. Any solutons from the Pajero crowd? I have in all seriousness, lost three flags in 4 drives. 

TAI

Hi Richard,

There are quite a few options:

1) Suction cup with a light dune buggy flag from DM. Breaks off easily, but if you duct-tape the flag to that suction cup it will last. 

2) A bracket that you can get fabricated that is mounted on the rear spare wheel, and where you can screw an AOR flag on. (the big red flags that you see in the gas stations).

3) If you have roof rails, a pipe clamp works as well. Most hardware shops have these.

Two-screw pipe clamps, M8/M10 connecting thread, 115–125 mm

Vanessa  has an aluminum tube as a flag, and is able to stick that into a small space inbetween the spare tyre cover. Never fell out.

I am sure our Pajero team @RohanH @Shiju Manuel @Mels Wolf @Sinol @Lisa Pemberton and lots of others can share their experiences.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I started with a dune buggy flag and fixings from DM which was a terrible investment and drooped in an unforgivable manner. 

I bought the suction cup and flag from ACE which has held firm on all drives so far and is usually stuck to the rear passenger window. I almost choked at the price though costing just over 400AED and will use it until either it or I die to get my money's worth out of it!

• Haha (+1) 4

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, sri ganesh said:

Hello guys!

Got myself an AOR flag pole- split one. Looking for a place to fabricate a bracket to mount it on my Pajero. 

Also, what quick release options for the pole? 
would be great if you could share pics of bracket installed and the quick release, please!

Done, got it done! All set now!

My 3 Dirham on this... I removed the spare wheel, drilled two holes on its metal support, bolted on 2 stainless steel eyes, put the wheel back on. I then put the flag pole from the top through the two eyes, friction with the wheel rubber keeps it in place, never had a problem. Total investment 3 AED (1.50 AED / eye+nut). This applies to pre-2007 Pajeros as newer ones have a plastic carter to protect the spare wheel.

IMG_20201119_103802%5B1%5D.jpg.0e072cd48ff8080e4920b31e02c25517.jpg

Edited by paolo dassi
  • Well Done (+2) 3

• 1 year later...

And now flag pole on my new old Pajero (2011)!

Undo the spare wheel cover bolts from inside.

IMG_20220212_125737.jpg.001c551a8f7867a3aab3a1a4fb357f10.jpg

Open the cover. 

IMG_20220212_125748.jpg.64588f37092752cb6d5d08cd5b9986b0.jpg

Get two 3mm steel plates, 25mm x 50mm, drill a hole and weld them to the marter metal frame (better welding than the one I got should be easy to achieve!). 

IMG_20220212_125822.jpg.b5fa929b17c9dea1b2ef21d1666ccb3a.jpg

Buy two plastic electric cable  shrink mounts and install them in the holes (the ones with rubber oring and shrinking nut, 8mm diam, same as my flag pole). 

IMG_20220212_125835.jpg.23843b38aca4591ad750566f80352589.jpg

IMG_20220212_130536.jpg.22e98aca188b8a0a820cfb2f958cfa9a.jpg

Close the cover, bolt it back on and you are ready to go! 

When needed, just stick the flag pole in, tighten the plastic nut compressing the rubber ring and the pole would not move a mm! You have access to the nuts from top and bottom of spare wheel carter, non need to open it every time (orange gas rubber pipe is to prevent the pole from hitting the carter). 

Micrometric precision 😜 and all for 30 AED, quite happy about how the all lot came together! 

IMG_20220212_130328.jpg.74e8ec28cb8be7a13a1036ebb94edd07.jpg

Edited by paolo dassi
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use