•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 11 Sep 2020

Frederic

Thanks for your kind welcoming. I am bringing a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2014 2 doors. It’s lifted and modified. I have experience in Chilean desert but want to start in the club from the beginning. Since I think there are always things to learn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

17 minutes ago, Shyam Karat said:

Hi Frederic 

Thanks .... I drive a jeep JK 4 door and my desert  driving experience is absolutely zero ....see you on Friday morning 👍🏻

Hi @Shyam Karat We will make sure that in a matter of a few weeks you will become a confident offroader with your JK ! No worries ! See you on Friday !

Make sure to watch the Newbie Briefing video, this will give you a massive headstart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 minutes ago, Haarun Baig said:

Hi Frederic,

I have attached the snapshot of deflator with guage. I hope this is the correct one. Please advise.

Deflator with guage.PNG

Hi @Haarun Baig

Below tutorial gives you more information:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Malachy McGrogan @Abdallah Rachidi Alaoui

First of all, i wish you a warm welcome to our Offroad Club. I am always delighted to be able to meet new members and hope we can learn from each other. 

Please send us a small introduction on who you are, which 4x4 you're bringing, and if the front and rear towpoints are available and in perfect condition. Please let us know if you have any prior offroading experience or not.

With regards to gear and equipment, on an Absolute Newbie drive you should bring your own tyre deflator and pressure gauge. We can help you with deflating if you have not done this before. 

If you have a flag, radio, shovel, and compressor, please do bring it also. It will be a requirement from the second drive onwards.

We've made a nice tutorial with lots of information on essential offroad gear (for every drive level):

Please also take your time to go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video we made:

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Frederic can I have your contact no. just to have in case for any emergency purpose at least till to reach you and please advise if any dress code to be followed. I am much interested and also feel little scary as i dont have any offroad experience and I hope you very much better take care of this.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @Frederic

My names Malachy and I work in education. I've been in Dubai just over 8 years. I'm driving a 2015 Ford F150 stock fx4. Tow hooks are all good.

I've been camping a few times so some basic experience of driving on sand, but looking forward to learning the right way to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use