•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 11 Sep 2020

Frederic

49 minutes ago, SyedObaid said:

Hi, im Syed Obaid. Banker. Will be there with stock 2008 Pajero (grey) 3.8 engine. Front and rear tow hooks in good condition. Absolute newbie, willing to learn and move to advance levels. 

Hi @SyedObaid nice to hear that, we have a 2008 3.8 also in the family.

Please have a look at the briefing video which will give you tons of information as preparation for your first offroad drive.

See you tomorrow !

39 minutes ago, Malachy McGrogan said:

Thanks @Frederic

My names Malachy and I work in education. I've been in Dubai just over 8 years. I'm driving a 2015 Ford F150 stock fx4. Tow hooks are all good.

I've been camping a few times so some basic experience of driving on sand, but looking forward to learning the right way to do it.  

Hi @Malachy McGrogan The F150 is a very nice truck, we have a few others in the club doing perfectly fine with it. My offroad adventure also started with going camping and getting stuck in the sand. Rest assured you will learn the basics with us very soon !

Please have a look at the briefing video, and let us know if you have any questions.

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic - Hi Frederic, i really excited to be part of the carnity. I have just joined the club now and planning to come tomorrow's absolute newbie drive. I don't have any previous off-roading experience, recently upgraded to 4X4 from my coupe. My vehicle details as follow, 2016 Prado V6 4door. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jose Shanu said:

@Frederic - Hi Frederic, i really excited to be part of the carnity. I have just joined the club now and planning to come tomorrow's absolute newbie drive. I don't have any previous off-roading experience, recently upgraded to 4X4 from my coupe. My vehicle details as follow, 2016 Prado V6 4door. 

Hi @jose Shanu welcome to your new extended offroad family !

The Prado will be your perfect companion for your offroad adventures. Please have a look at the briefing video in the drive topic as this will give you a massive headstart to learn offroading in the safest way.

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Haarun Baig said:

Hi Frederic can I have your contact no. just to have in case for any emergency purpose at least till to reach you and please advise if any dress code to be followed. I am much interested and also feel little scary as i dont have any offroad experience and I hope you very much better take care of this.

Hi, From my experience, is good to wear comfortable clothes, a good hat, plenty of sun screen.  I ussually wear boots to prevent the sand from going into my shoes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Haarun Baig said:

Hi Frederic can I have your contact no. just to have in case for any emergency purpose at least till to reach you and please advise if any dress code to be followed. I am much interested and also feel little scary as i dont have any offroad experience and I hope you very much better take care of this.

Hi Haarun, welcome to Carnity Off-road Club. Frederic is one of the best Marshals in the club who has plenty of experience in getting first timers to enjoy the desert but in a safe manner. This drive is specifically defined for First timers and I am sure you will have a wonderful day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Haarun Baig i will be closing the RSVP list later today around 7PM and will add my Mobile number for emergency cases. 

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1

@Frederic Since the drives I was on waiting list were closed, can I join you tomorrow/ Am I allowed to join Absolute Newbie drive? Please let me know. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

@Frederic Since the drives I was on waiting list were closed, can I join you tomorrow/ Am I allowed to join Absolute Newbie drive? Please let me know. Thanks

Hi @Sreejith Sreenivasan The Absolute Newbie drive is solely for first-time joiners in the club, and unfortunately not for regular members. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use