•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 11 Sep 2020

Frederic

DRIVE REPORT

Absolute Newbie drive with Absolute Perfect Team !

Seeing all these new faces is an amazing thing. Seeing their smiles after the drive is even better !

@Alexander Alcala brought his mighty Black Rubicon straight from Chile, and it was clear he has gone offroad before. You did an amazing second lead, and thanks for your patience and good communication throughout the drive. Love to see you coming back for more !

@Haarun Baig was just like most of the convoy putting his first steps in the sand, and i fully understand that it can feel a bit scary at first, but soon you'll be gliding that Pajero through the dunes like it's nothing. Throughout your few refusals you remained calm and followed the instructions precisely. Well done!

@SyedObaid  Your Pajero was having fun and i hope you and your passenger had fun too ! You used the diff lock a few times during the self recovery and were always able to get yourself out of the situation !

@jose Shanu drove with a smile the whole morning that could be seen from far away, you controlled your Prado very well and i hope your perception about offroading is positive and i agree offroading is an absolute confidence builder.

@Malachy McGrogan with the mighty F-150 drove like he was on a picnic. Never stressed, no struggled, and just the right amount of power at the exact right time. Very impressed !

@Shyam Karat with the red beast is finding his way in this terrain, and soon you will unleash the full power after every drive. Well done !

@Piotr Kolodziej your enthusiasm is second to none, i loved your attitude from the start, willingness to learn, and the smile on your face after that amazing self recovery that took some time, patience, and restraint. You drove really well and would love to see that enthusiasm again the next weeks !

@Abdallah Rachidi Alaoui your Wrangler had a bit of a mind of its own, but you completely unleashed her once you found the right gears. Very well done !

@PN1207 was put at the back of the convoy in front of my trusty sweep @Brette, so they could share some hints/tricks about the WK2. You did really well today !

I want to thank all of you for the patience while dealing with the refusals. As i mentioned this is a teamsport and we all go out together and look after each other.  @Brette was as always superb in his sweeping duties and the perfect support on my drive.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you next weekend on the sand. Till then take care and drive safe.

Did not attend the drive:

@Farook Veettil

@Krishnakumar

@Roopesh babu

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Farook Veettil said:

@Frederic i got stucked in a traffic due to closed road in alnahda ring road. Hopefully we will meet next week

Thanks for informing, we’ve heard that from some members. Take care and see you next week !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Fredericthoroughly enjoyed today and have def got the bug to keep going. Thanks to you and @Brette for your support and patience today for all. Learnt alot even just from watching your guidance for those with refusals. Great morning 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@FredericThanks a lot brother for your support and teaching.You really handled my refusal situations with great care.I really appreciate your support, hard work and sincerity on your profession.you and @Brette really taken care all of us from start to finish. Looking forward to learn more from you guys. Hopefully see you on next blast. Once again thanks to  both of you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:03 PM, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

Absolute Newbie drive with Absolute Perfect Team !

Seeing all these new faces is an amazing thing. Seeing their smiles after the drive is even better !

@Alexander Alcala brought his mighty Black Rubicon straight from Chile, and it was clear he has gone offroad before. You did an amazing second lead, and thanks for your patience and good communication throughout the drive. Love to see you coming back for more !

@Haarun Baig was just like most of the convoy putting his first steps in the sand, and i fully understand that it can feel a bit scary at first, but soon you'll be gliding that Pajero through the dunes like it's nothing. Throughout your few refusals you remained calm and followed the instructions precisely. Well done!

@SyedObaid  Your Pajero was having fun and i hope you and your passenger had fun too ! You used the diff lock a few times during the self recovery and were always able to get yourself out of the situation !

@jose Shanu drove with a smile the whole morning that could be seen from far away, you controlled your Prado very well and i hope your perception about offroading is positive and i agree offroading is an absolute confidence builder.

@Malachy McGrogan with the mighty F-150 drove like he was on a picnic. Never stressed, no struggled, and just the right amount of power at the exact right time. Very impressed !

@Shyam Karat with the red beast is finding his way in this terrain, and soon you will unleash the full power after every drive. Well done !

@Piotr Kolodziej your enthusiasm is second to none, i loved your attitude from the start, willingness to learn, and the smile on your face after that amazing self recovery that took some time, patience, and restraint. You drove really well and would love to see that enthusiasm again the next weeks !

@Abdallah Rachidi Alaoui your Wrangler had a bit of a mind of its own, but you completely unleashed her once you found the right gears. Very well done !

@PN1207 was put at the back of the convoy in front of my trusty sweep @Brette, so they could share some hints/tricks about the WK2. You did really well today !

I want to thank all of you for the patience while dealing with the refusals. As i mentioned this is a teamsport and we all go out together and look after each other.  @Brette was as always superb in his sweeping duties and the perfect support on my drive.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you next weekend on the sand. Till then take care and drive safe.

Did not attend the drive:

@Farook Veettil

@Krishnakumar

@Roopesh babu

@Frederic it was nice to meet you and the group.  

I am sorry for leaving a few minutes early, but I went to rescue a friend in the desert with a minor car problem.  Luckily we managed to solve the issue without requiring any towing.

I am looking forward to meet you all again in a future ride.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use