•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - EXPLORATION: Sea to Mountain - RAK - 12 Sep 2020

Ale Vallecchi

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Shiju Manuel, @asifk welcome to the drive. Please read (if you haven't done it already) the drive's presentation above. It will be useful in preparing for the trip. Also, let me know if you will be joining for lunch at Barracuda's grill. See you on Saturday.

Dear @Ale Vallecchi , yeah as a curiosity already read the drive presentation as soon as you posted 😀 its sound really grate and eagerly waiting for Saturday, Unfortunately i might not able to join you for lunch, any last minute possibility will definitely inform you. Thanks you.  

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts.

Time for sharing the convoy's order for this Saturday's PM drive.

Considering the complexity of the terrain, you will notice the list below is made up in a way that, when and if necessary, the second half of the convoy, the one just behind the Center Forward position, may be redirected slightly, to make sure it can proceed on clearer ground. With this in mind, we will drive as follows:

@Kalahari in Second Lead

@Shiju Manuel in #3 place

@asifk will be #4

@Desert Dweller at #5

@Chaitanya D as car #6

@Srikumar will be the Center Forward, and the first lead of the second half of the convoy (when it will be necessary to separate it)

@Pancho will be in position #8

@Najeeb Mohammed will follow at #9

@Rinelle Sanaani will take position #10

@Febin Frederic is going to be #11

@Wrangeld will Sweep the convoy.

Considering the vicinity of Barracuda Resort (and its Thunder Road Grill), the meeting can be either:

• at the Grill for lunch, at 1:30PM
  • at the Emirates Motorplex for deflation.

So far, for lunch I have confirmations from Kalahari, Wrangled with Jeepie, and Desert Dweller with Foxtrot Oscar (for those who only know members by their nicknames, this will be a good opportunity to unveil their true names 😉). Anyone who wishes to enjoy some good pub food (or pizza and pasta) please confirm by tomorrow.

Those who will join at the deflation point, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE BY 3:00 PM (30 minutes earlier than indicated): given the tricky nature of the drive, it will be better, and safer, to start a little earlier, to make sure we can exit before it gets dark (sunset will be at 6:26PM, and darkness is supposes to fall at 7:16PM).

Please make sure that all drivers have a compressor, as we will be exiting quite far from an inflation station. I am not going to mention all the others tools that all of you should be carrying in your cars, by now.

With all this in mind, I wish you have a good end of the week, a nice Friday drive (s), for those who cannot stay away from the desert even for 1 day, and will be seeing you on Saturday for this first exploration drive in RAK.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Ale Vallecchi I will be joining for lunch at 1:30 pm. See you on Saturday 

Thanks @Chaitanya D. See you on Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks @Chaitanya D. See you on Saturday. 

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi. Please note @Mohamed Seidam will be joining for lunch 

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @Ale Vallecchi with sincere apologies, I will not be able to join this drive tomorrow as we have some last minute out of town visitors ! I'm super bummed as it sounds like an amazing drive and would have been my first intermediate ! Hope you all have a great and safe drive. Best, Asif  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, asifk said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi with sincere apologies, I will not be able to join this drive tomorrow as we have some last minute out of town visitors ! I'm super bummed as it sounds like an amazing drive and would have been my first intermediate ! Hope you all have a great and safe drive. Best, Asif  

No worries @asifk. Enjoy your visitors. Will see you on the next drive.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi sorry for the last minute notice, I must pull out from this drive due to an emergency situation at the work place. Really missed the drive and see you next time.  

Edited by Shiju Manuel
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use