•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 11 Sep 2020

Ale Vallecchi

2 hours ago, Andrei said:

Hi Ale! Looking forward to driving with you for the first time. Some of the names here seem familiar so we probably meet before so can't wait to see everybody again. 
this would be my first evening drive and I have a question: do we need special lights or the stock ones would do?

thanks

Hi @Andrei.  It will be nice to meet you. We plan to exit just before getting dark, so no special lights are needed. Look forward to seeing you on Friday. 

1 hour ago, David Ortells said:

Please add me to the waiting list!

Hello @David Ortells. The drive is still open, so you are welcome to join. You can sign in.  See you on Friday. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, David Ortells said:

Please add me to the waiting list!

@David Ortells I have already added you to the drive. If you change your mind please sign out. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Ale !

just one thing when I was going through the drives a couple of hours ago , this Drive reservation was reached his limit , but only 9 people + 2 manage , so I read in to it and says only 8 newbies and above  , that’s why I didn’t join in the first place. 
are they more spaces available?

• Like (+1) 1

@David Ortells and @Christian Andras Welcome to the drive. Please refer to the drive's info above. I will come back with the convoy order and last details later in the afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, Anand Nataraj said:

Thanks Ale!

@Anand Nataraj this is a reminder that all drivers should have read and acknowledged the Covid-19 rules (by clicking on the "Totally Agree" icon). According to a last count you still need to comply. Please do so before tomorrow evening. Thanks a lot for the cooperation.

1 hour ago, Christian Andras said:

Hi! Desperate to get out in the desert this week end...Can you add me to the waiting list please...?

Hi @Christian Andras I have just added you.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Andrei.  It will be nice to meet you. We plan to exit just before getting dark, so no special lights are needed. Look forward to seeing you on Friday. 

Hello @David Ortells. The drive is still open, so you are welcome to join. You can sign in.  See you on Friday. 

Thanks captain @Ale Vallecchi..  This being my first Evening Drive, I had similar concerns as @Andrei.

😃But will follow your tyre marks..    See you tomorrow..✌️

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desertnauts,

it's time for tomorrow afternoon's convoy order. We will proceed as follows:

@Mahmoud Hamzawy in Second Lead

@Hardik Mody will follow at #3

@Andrei at #4

@Anand Nataraj in #5 position

@Hatim Patharia with the #6 spot

@David Ortells will be our Center Forward

@Onlyjunaid following at #8

@Vijaysekhar with jersey #9

@Shaaz Sha in #10 place

@Arun Mathew with car #11

@Christian Andras in at #12

@Wrangeld will Sweep the convoy.

Be advised that the meeting and deflation point is along a dirt track, turning right on the Road from Bab al Shams, approximately 1 Km in. You may refill at Al Qudra Parking lot ADNOC's station, then take the road toward Bab al Shams. We will meet a little earlier than previous afternoon drives, at 4:00 PM SHARP: the goal is to deflate quickly, have a briefing and depart as swiftly as possible. Once on site, please tune into Carnity Channel 2 (446.031)

Make sure all of you have at least a good shovel (not a "spoon"), and possibly a compressor (as we plan to exit e few Km from the nearest station), and most of all front and back tow points in good conditions. As mentioned in an earlier post, there will be no need for special night lights, as we plan to exit before it gets too dark. We still hope to be enjoying a nice sunset !!

See you all tomorrow. Have a nice Thursday evening.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@@Ale Vallecchi, nice to meet you and look forward to driving with you for the first time and also my first evening drive. Done with the covid Disclaimer. 

Some of the names are familiar , driven before, see you later gents..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use