•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 11 Sep 2020

Srikumar

Thanks @Srikumar for a great drive and everybody did quite well !

The fire incident still disturbs me. First , that vehicle could have been saved if atleast the group that came in with the FJ  had ensured everyone had fire extinguishers.  I also generally see people reluctant to give their extinguishers - I saw the guys looking for extra extinguishers for a good 5 minutes.

Second , does off road insurance cover this ? I think it's safe to say that it's a good idea to keep one .

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, J J said:

First , that vehicle could have been saved if atleast the group that came in with the FJ  had ensured everyone had fire extinguishers.  I also generally see people reluctant to give their extinguishers - I saw the guys looking for extra extinguishers for a good 5 minutes.

Very good point JJ. Yes, most of them didn't have an extinguisher and were asking all other cars. That lost them a good 5 very valuable mins. Also to add that it's just not enough to have the small 1 or 2 kg DCP Extinguisher. It's better to get the 4.5 kg one as a minimum.

If you have comprehensive insurance yes it would cover with a police report.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Nice video. One observation, some of the cars in the front of JJ where making very sharp turns while criss crossing and also fishtailing. While driving on high speeds its very important that you keep a very tight steering control with gradual movements. Never force the car to cross the ridge. In some unforgiving terrains, it might result in a disaster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Agree with @Srikumari did that mistake once thinking that's the track should be taken, then realized it was a refusal from the front and we all went down and re attempted. yes it was dangerous indeed, could have been avoided. speed of video made it look more scary. 😄

Drive was awesome and thanks @Srikumar for such a wonderful drive. yes the car got burned disturbed me a lot, yes @J J I have seen him waiting for fire extinguisher seems like people either dint have or dint wanted to give. I have given mine but I didn't want to go nearby the car as I wasn't sure till when its safe to be nearby. Still confused is it safe to recover the car then as we don't know in which point the car might blast, I believe if anyone were inside the car then its worth to risk our life otherwise its better to let the car go off and think of insurance etc. Let me know if you guys have a different opinion or what is the right thing to do if we come across such situation. 

About the drive- almost everyone did exceptionally good. @Febin Frederic, as usual, his favourite spot and did well and more surprising was @Shiju Manuel as I thought he won't be able to make it considering his first drive-in Intermediate etc. 1st time I could reach the top point without any major efforts thanks to @Srikumar  as he took it from different angle and before even realizing I was on top.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Shiju Manuel seems you have surprised many guys with your Pajero :) Congrats buddy you always kept a positive spirit, listened to the instructions, and i am sure you will keep moving forward quickly !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

30 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Shiju Manuel seems you have surprised many guys with your Pajero :) Congrats buddy you always kept a positive spirit, listened to the instructions, and i am sure you will keep moving forward quickly !

Hi @Frederic its all with the support and professional off-road  training by Carnity Marshals. On last drive after coming down from super bowl i come to know that it was super bowl because it was my first time driving in super bowl and iftar bowl. Really got surprised how the pajero made it all most at top even through in first gear and really appreciate@Srikumar for the perfect route which makes every one easy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use