•  

What to do with all that junk in my trunk?

Lisa Pemberton

35 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

Thanks for the visual @Mohamed Seidam! It helps to see examples of what other people have done to solve this problem!

@Lisa PembertonYou are mostly welcome !

@topgear please if you can find any other way to keep the TW safe but not around you neck ! It’s my opinion 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Lisa Pemberton welcome aboard !

I use one very large hold-all for everything.

The compressor sits at one side, Recovery ropes and shackles in the middle , I put the tools in a small backpack , the jack and wrench in another , which sit on the right hand side and small pieces deflators etc are in the hold-all pockets. The shovel sits on top of it all with the handles of the hold-all keeping it in place and then  I then use one of those nets hooked down really tightly to secure the hold-all 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar @Yousef Alimadadi and @topgear for the advice and the visuals. Really appreciate seeing these solutions. I like the storage box solution with net for extra safety. Time to go shopping again!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Although I use a web net I bought from Ace hardware, I have a friend who packed everything in one of his old working suitcase. He took it to a mechanic and screwed the suitcase to the floor of the boot. That seemed to hold everything in place. I so wanted to create a custom box with labelled draws for everything, but the cost, weight and space it would take up got me to think again.

As for the radio, cup holder is normally a very good fit in my Pathy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Boxes are great idea for storage. Less movement in your trunk and easy to store your equipment. Also you get a extra of just grabing up your box before the drive and be on the road and your trunk doesn't stay full for the whole384927041_WhatsAppImage2020-09-12at6_08_54PM.jpeg.69975571823ffe2f288f23678c48d44e.jpeg week.

• Like (+1) 3

@luwaimn and @Mohamed Seidam what capacity/size boxes are you using and what can you fit inside? I'm looking at them on amazon right now for pricing. I like the idea of the grab and go boxes rather than keeping everything in the trunk all the time. Also, any recommendations for the nets or ratchet straps or are they pretty much similar in terms of sizing and quality?

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, luwaimn said:

Better try ace in Dubai. They have more good ones and you will be better able to judge when you see them.

Honestly I hate giving my money to ACE cos they are so over-priced for everything!

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use