•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 11 Sep 2020

Gaurav

Truly surprise to see not even a single drop out since Sunday.

It's really terrible to see such a long wait list and unable to do anything.

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                                        Pajero Silver       
  2. Ashok chaturvedi                        Pajero Golden
  3. Nitin Mohan                                 Prado
  4. Ashy                                            Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
  5. Senthil Kumar                             Nissan Patrol Y62 White
  6. Franco Swart                              Pajero SWB Black
  7. Chaitanya D                                Xterra Black
  8. Ammar Naji                                 Ford Expedition Black
  9. Francois Germishuys                  Ford F150 Red
  10. Anand Nataraj                             Xterra Red
  11. Hatim Patharia                            Jeep Wrangler Black
  12. SureshVNair                               Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
  13. jodha singh shekhawat               Xterra White
  14. Janarthan                                    Xterra Silver

@Ashok chaturvedi @Nitin Mohan @Ashy @Franco Swart @Senthil Kumar @Chaitanya D @Ammar Naji @Francois Germishuys @Anand Nataraj @Hatim Patharia @SureshVNair @jodha singh shekhawat @Janarthan

Please be on time, sharp at 5:30 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 1 - 446.006'25 freq.

Deflate your tires to 15 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY

PLEASE WATCH BELOW MANDATORY VIDEO WITHOUT ANY DISTRACTIONS.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Gaurav for a great morning drive in wonderful weather. All cars driven well. Very few refusals and no stucks!

I hope @Francois Germishuys F150 is sorted soon.Best wishes , thanks to @Janarthan and @Ammar Naji for the assistance at the top.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vNOPPEmYNYO

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Ashok chaturvedi. Never say never. I have seen people learn faster with less powerful cars. You'll only do better when you get more power under the hood. Keep you basics strong and keep learning the techniques. @Jolly Abraham with his 2.7 litre 4 cylinder Fortuner has taught me how much you can achieve with a moderately powerful car.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thank you Rahimdad sir this gives me encourement but was also wondering why my pajero could have possibly lost some early climb accelaration in the very last part of the drive.  I am getting it looked at today.

I noticed some heat up as well. This is a 3.8 V6, model 2005 car done over 250k with recent transmission overhaul. There is some solenoid issue with the transmission panel light blinking differential where the rest of the wheels switch off. 

Below are my failed Attempts; where near all attempts made by other drivers succeeded:

1. Accelerated on D and just at the near of ridge shifted to manual 1 gear to give it that push..  car slowed down and was 15 metres short.

2. Accelerated and when halfway hit 1 gear, managed to reach a bit higher than 1 attempted. 

3. Third attempt went totally manual 1 gear acceleration then hit 2 gear and 2/3 climb hit 1 gear again, could almost reach the edge but not climb over. 

However, twice early part of the drive,  arc and climb I could do it with D and 1 gear easily. It is only the last part of the drive where the car was not picking the early acceleration. 

Maybe by practice as you and Gaurav jee suggested I might hit the perfect combination as well rectify any other issue if there are.

Thank you so much. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use