•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 18 Sep 2020

Gaurav

Gentle Reminder @Farook Veettil @Dean Ryburn @Mahmoud_Alhamed welcome to Carnity Offroad Club!

Kindly introduce yourself and provide the following information:

1. Which vehicle are you bringing for this drive?
  2. Do you have any prior offroading experience? If so, where?
  3. Are the front and back tow points of your vehicle are in perfectly usable condition?

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

FOR YOUR AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY
PLEASE WATCH BELOW VIDEO BRIEFING WITHOUT ANY DISTRACTIONS

I will personally ask question from this video brief before the drive and if you cannot answer them, you will be watching this same video again on the meeting point and holding the whole convoy by causing 15 mins delay.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                            Silver Pajero
  2. Peter Hallez                    2017 Jeep wrangler Rubicon SWB purple
  3. Roopesh babu                2014 Pajero                No Exp
  4. sri ganesh                       2015 Pajero                No Exp
  5. Mahmoud_Alhamed       2007 Nissan Pathfinder
  6. Luca Palanca Falsini      White Fortuner
  7. Gok Krish                        2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 door White
  8. Krishnakumar                 2015 Prado
  9. Farook Veettil                 2014 Land Cruiser White
  10. Shital Somaiya               2020 Nissan Patrol             EDI
  11. Sandeep Padhi              2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited         EDI
  12. Vanessa8580                 Blue Pajero

@Peter Hallez @Roopesh babu @sri ganesh @Mahmoud_Alhamed @Luca Palanca Falsini @Gok Krish @Krishnakumar @Farook Veettil @Shital Somaiya @Sandeep Padhi @Vanessa8580

Please be on time, sharp at 5:00 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 4 - 446.081'250 freq.

Deflate your tires to 15 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

FOR YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY

PLEASE WATCH BELOW MANDATORY VIDEO WITHOUT ANY DISTRACTIONS.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Hallez said:

@Gaurav seems that my walki talki does not want to charge. Any ways I can get one somewhere? 

Will give you spare one for tomo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

Good morning everyone, 

My name is Luca 

I will be there with my white Fortuner. 

I already had the chance to drive to desert 🐪 I was with Desert Cruiser for more than 1 year (a small group) and had some drive with Almost 4X4.

I have all the required equipment and .. just bring a new desert front bumper :)

See you tomorrow!!!!

Welcome to Carnity @Luca Palanca Falsini. It feels strange to see you as as an absolutely newbie after having driven together in the desert at least 20 times this year! Looking forward to be togheter in the next Carnity rides..

P. S. @Gaurav, Luca was the one who first brought me on the sand and drove ust in front of me during most of my initial rides. I insisted very much so he would join Carnity. Put him to the test!! 

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE REPORT

It was lovely to start the day with AC set at 2 rather than on 3 fan speed. As the weather has changed so fast in the morning that it was amazing to drive and enjoy the cool breeze. Dense fog made it a bit difficult to reach but it all settled down by the time we were ready to move.

Absolute Newbie drives are amazing to see so many new faces, different cars, new and unique questions all at one go. Thanks, everyone for being on time to respect everyone's time. As soon as we started we were welcome with a big bunch of gazelles on their morning walk, just before the qudra lake area. We started with a flat track and went pass the under-construction new lake and start to practice small straight up and down the dune. Soon after the first few km we entered the real qudra desert and start to conquer one dune after another. Thankfully we had all great drivers behind great cars and everyone did fantastically well and we manages to do a lot of swings, dunes crossing, and track.

Thanks, @Peter Hallez for wonderful second lead and helping in re-routing when needed. You have a very good offroader (Rubicon) with unique color, I'm sure you will enjoy her a lot as you climb up the off-road ladder. Keep up your great learning attitude.

I fully understand @Roopesh babu that it was a bit scary experience in the beginning as pushing cars over 2-3K revs is not everyone used to, but towards the end you did fantastic and clearly shows that your confidence and apetitie for offroading is in well sync.

@sri ganesh every stuck and refusal teaches you a lot and you have been very fortunate today to learn the real art of offroading by self-recovering yourself with patience and precision. Leaving the throttle (or not pushing) at wrong angles and time mostly result in such weird and difficult refusals. 

@Luca Palanca Falsini it was nice to meet you and know your previous off-road experience. Your Fortuner with off-road bumper looks totally different and very nice. It was worth investing in this when you broke your stock bumper twice. Also work on finessing your offroad abilities to take difficult angles at slow speed, as off-road skills and vehicles should transform hand in hand.

Based on today's drive and self-declaration you may apply for your fewbie level promotion here:

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15289-off-road-club-grading-structure-v20

Finally @Gok Krish you have made it to your first drive after a long wait. To be honest, after the first quick look at your JGC Summit, I was about to send you back due to extremely low ground clearance. But the magic of electronic suspension height control saved your day and the air dam (front spoiler). I highly recommend you to get that air dam to remove for better peace of mind. You can check with @Brette here on what are the best solution to modify or remove. He is driving similar JGC (not summit) for 2 years now and reached at Advance level with the same vehicle.

@Krishnakumar haven't heard anything from you during the drive, means you were either too good or Prado pampered you well, lol. Either case you drove very well today as I saw you a few times, keep it up.

@Farook Veettil you and your land cruiser need some time to get along while off-roading. Pay close attention to the car in front and try replicating that as much as possible with the same momentum and speed. You can even drive with windows rolled down to have audible feedback of the car in front, so you know at what RPM the front car is driving and you can push precisely when needed.

@Shital Somaiya it was nice to see the new shape Patrol Y62 with a much better ground clearance as this was the biggest Achilles heel for the previous generation Y62 Patrol. I hope you enjoyed the drive and check with AOR for the correct flag adapter as it seems some part was missing.

@Sandeep Padhi heard your praise from Vanessa means you were really good and ready for the next challenge.

Thanks, @Vanessa8580 for the wonderful support, patience, and recovery skills to keep the whole convoy moving and taking care of everyone with a smile and confidence.

To All Absolute Newbies:

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please read all these offroad advises sharing decades of off-road experience.

Please have a look at the below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you next weekend on the sand. Till then take care and drive safe.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Gaurav (sorry for my mistake 😥) today drive was AMAZING. 

Lead a large group with  so many newbies is not a joke but you and @Vanessa8580 managed everything so well that everybody was feeling secure, enjoying and relaxing as it should be.

Thank you again. 

See you soonpan widget

Edited by Luca Palanca Falsini
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Please find my images in the drive gallery, looking forward to see yours:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/311-ab-newbie-qudra-dubai-18-sep-2020

• Like (+1) 1

Was great fun and learning experience. Credit to Carnity, especially to Gaurav & Vanessa for managing the whole drive with absolute professionalism. Looking forward to have future such drives with Carnity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use