•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab To Solar Park - Dubai - 18 Sep 2020

Frederic

22 minutes ago, siddharth maheshwari said:

Hi @Frederic was wondering my position in the waitlist

Hi @siddharth maheshwari due to Ahmed withdrawing his RSVP, i have added you to the convoy.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

An impressive first night Offroad experience.. reminds me of my first night dive .. technical dunes at the beginning of the drive was a good practice and observed for the first time the use of Fredric’s winch for recovery..  sunset was breathtaking specially with the small dunes scattered all over the place and the reddish sun fading away behind the trees popping up from that small oasis ..

then the fun starts with some nice side sloping in the darkness of the desert while enjoying the quite birth of a new moon..

thanks @Frederic and all the drivers for the nice company .. looking forward for going back soon to greet our friend haunting this spot😂

86106AB4-0D99-42E0-9359-3411255FBF10.jpeg

4A27C70F-C074-4774-8C47-1259DECFE908.jpeg

905C4E0F-90A6-4286-90DB-856ABF122D86.jpeg

A49E055C-4F9E-458E-AF90-DF0706A6988F.jpeg

015F0EEE-E778-4E64-ACCB-95C4F4A667B5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

DRIVE REPORT 

Murquab is a place of many surprises, some say they even heard ghosts whispering. I’d say we fought scorpions, crushed baby dunes, and towed behemoths 😉

We started off from the small settlement Murquab is, where it looks like time stood still and things just go their own way. The first landmark is the abandoned farm, where I normally take a left to enter the higher dunes.

As i saw a herd of camels on that left side and didn’t want to scoop one up, I took a right turn to go around the farm. This altered my original track slightly and before we knew it we were in some seriously tricky baby dunes. @AnishS gave us a nice team work project, and the winch probably saved us 45mins of serious shoveling. 

A few others got some small refusals and the mighty F150 of @Melenany decided to take a rest on a crest, but excellent teamwork made it fun and rewarding. 
After dealing with that technical area I decided we had to pick up the pace a bit so we took some tracks that led us through easily and allowed us to rack up some miles. We headed into the playable dunes but as it was pitch dark by then our play time was running a bit short, and so we headed back to inflation point. 

All of you guys seriously impressed me today, not just with the driving but overall helping each other out and keeping the shovel nearby. A big thanks again to @Desert Dweller and @Foxtrot Oscar for the excellent recoveries and assistance, @Biju Abdul for the super sweeping, and @AnishS for the excellent second lead.

@Dagdag Sofiane you’re really getting comfortable taking the Pajero through any terrain and you drove so well. Keep it up !

@Yousef Alimadadi as always with the smile and super attitude, always a pleasure to have you in the convoy !

@Islam Soliman taking your Yukon effortlessly through this kind of terrain says a lot about your skills, really well done ! the same goes for @Melenany that took the behemoth everywhere with hardly any struggles.

@Nizam Deen took the Prado also without much effort through the dunes today. And @siddharth maheshwari brings white Jeep into its favorite terrain !

@Tamas Hoffmann you’re always paying attention, asking the right questions, and that signals someone who will grow fast. Well done !

@Mukundan Nair you and your Xterra did amazing today. You’ve impressed me every single time !

Rest assured we will be back in this terrain soon and will explore more areas to find more surprises 😉

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic for another smooth drive. Some great recoveries by the team @Desert Dweller @Foxtrot OscarThank you @Anish S for helping me with your compressor, need to get a new hose before next drive now as it broke yesterday. Hello to the my fellow back drivers @Mukundan Nair  @Biju Abdul

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Yousef Alimadadi said:

@Frederic thank you so much, it was a great day will full of joy and challenges 🙏🙏🙏

FEBEA65F-314A-421A-B0F3-D1072B02A35E.jpeg

24129A75-77B9-4096-80C4-5FBE15B2DFBA.jpeg

D44A509A-B4F9-46A7-B66A-6618EC9D1585.jpeg

Nice snaps and video @Yousef Alimadadi 

if you have a clip of the recovery of the pagero that would be superb .

cheers 😎🚙👍

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT 

Murquab is a place of many surprises, some say they even heard ghosts whispering. I’d say we fought scorpions, crushed baby dunes, and towed behemoths 😉

We started off from the small settlement Murquab is, where it looks like time stood still and things just go their own way. The first landmark is the abandoned farm, where I normally take a left to enter the higher dunes.

As i saw a herd of camels on that left side and didn’t want to scoop one up, I took a right turn to go around the farm. This altered my original track slightly and before we knew it we were in some seriously tricky baby dunes. @AnishS gave us a nice team work project, and the winch probably saved us 45mins of serious shoveling. 

A few others got some small refusals and the mighty F150 of @Melenany decided to take a rest on a crest, but excellent teamwork made it fun and rewarding. 
After dealing with that technical area I decided we had to pick up the pace a bit so we took some tracks that led us through easily and allowed us to rack up some miles. We headed into the playable dunes but as it was pitch dark by then our play time was running a bit short, and so we headed back to inflation point. 

All of you guys seriously impressed me today, not just with the driving but overall helping each other out and keeping the shovel nearby. A big thanks again to @Desert Dweller and @Foxtrot Oscar for the excellent recoveries and assistance, @Biju Abdul for the super sweeping, and @AnishS for the excellent second lead.

@Dagdag Sofiane you’re really getting comfortable taking the Pajero through any terrain and you drove so well. Keep it up !

@Yousef Alimadadi as always with the smile and super attitude, always a pleasure to have you in the convoy !

@Islam Soliman taking your Yukon effortlessly through this kind of terrain says a lot about your skills, really well done ! the same goes for @Melenany that took the behemoth everywhere with hardly any struggles.

@Nizam Deen took the Prado also without much effort through the dunes today. And @siddharth maheshwari brings white Jeep into its favorite terrain !

@Tamas Hoffmann you’re always paying attention, asking the right questions, and that signals someone who will grow fast. Well done !

@Mukundan Nair you and your Xterra did amazing today. You’ve impressed me every single time !

Rest assured we will be back in this terrain soon and will explore more areas to find more surprises 😉

Hi @Frederic 

Yes, really enjoyed the drive. The tricky technical dunes and the night drive was really good both making us fully aware and conscious of the actions we do, which is exactly what you get from adventure activities. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use