•  
Advertise here

Wadi Sal camping site

Ilya

Thanks @AviG ! Wadi sal was an awesome experience, with some fairly tough driving  spots. Pajero did well except for the overheating issue - had to do a couple of stops along the way. Does anyone know what is the building on the plateau at the top? I tried attaching a couple if videos but they’re above the 25mb limit :-) 

• 1 month later...

Visited these places recently.
The Wadi Sal drive is still breathtaking and compared to last year, I would say there are more difficult sections, and more garbage on the top. Filmed this drive:

Also visited the mountain trail from the southern part of this mountain - Yanis mountain - easy drive, camping spot with amazing views but toilet building was abandoned (so no facilities). Despite there being a barrier at the beginning of the road, there was a sign saying "visitors and hikers are welcome"

DJI_0026.JPG

From this campsite it is easy to see another scary road based on the UAE off-road book, it must be the road to Bakal village.Has anyone tried it? Doable? Happy to go there together

294900816_ScreenShot2021-11-05at5_39_24PM.png

Here is the overall map of the area:

946897914_ScreenShot2021-11-05at5_32_31PM.png

Edited by Ilya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

I visited Wadi Sal December last year and It was amazing. Most challenging Wadi Drive so far. When I see your video it seems like the track is more difficult now maybe because of rainfall this year. My biggest concern in this drive was amount of tire damage I had. The track is full with sharp stones and it will cut your tires like a knife. Yanas drive is much easier with amazing views. Regarding Bakal village track I tried  and it was impossible to do with my Xterra.  I couldn't go even 100m.  

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Chinthaka Ruwan said:

Regarding Bakal village track I tried  and it was impossible to do with my Xterra.  I couldn't go even 100m.  

Wow... definetly need to try next time 🤔

4 hours ago, Chinthaka Ruwan said:

My biggest concern in this drive was amount of tire damage I had.

Yes, it looks very bad for the tires, I felt better on my 305, but I also deflated, which helps protect the tires on such rocky terian

• Like (+1) 2