•  
Advertise here

Pajero. Bash/skid plates. Lift.

2 minutes ago, Dagdag Sofiane said:

Hello @Lisa Pemberton,

i’ll try, I let you know by the end of the day

Me too. Going to go round a few places after work, myself. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Dagdag Sofiane I just got the following quote. +971544977052 if you want more details. 

Pajero plates

Front bashplate            997.5
Fixing rear skidplate   157.5
Bumper trim                  100

Total                           1,255
+vat

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

@Dagdag Sofiane I just got the following quote. +971544977052 if you want more details. 

Pajero plates

Front bashplate            997.5
Fixing rear skidplate   157.5
Bumper trim                  100

Total                           1,255
+vat

Wow it’s look like a very good quote. I have sent you a WhatsApp to discuss about it 

• Like (+1) 1

@Srikumar @Frederic @Wrangeld @Shiju Manuel do you have an opinion on the bashplate design below? Shopping around with other club members we have noticed most designs finish under the front bumper line whereas this one comes up over the front of the grill? Would this potentially negatively impact the nose in the likely (in my case) event of nosediving off a dune onto it? 

IMG-20200913-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200913-WA0012.jpg

Edited by Lisa Pemberton
Added photo
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

@Srikumar @Frederic @Wrangeld @Shiju Manuel do you have an opinion on the bashplate design below? Shopping around with other club members we have noticed most designs finish under the front bumper line whereas this one comes up over the front of the grill? Would this potentially negatively impact the nose in the likely (in my case) event of nosediving off a dune onto it? 

IMG-20200913-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200913-WA0012.jpg

Actually, I was planning something similar which would have 'wings' either side to protect what is left of the bumper as i cut it out this week. It should reduce road noise as well. 

You're not going to be hitting the bash plate that much while driving in truth ... but it's essential for when you do. 

Go with a design that gives the car the stance you want too. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Gaurav can't believe I forgot to tag you in this - thank you for the information. It's overwhelming the options and quotes I'm getting it's making coming to a decision very difficult. The three shops that are narrowed down are using 8mm plates but the note you mentioned about the holes was something I hadn't considered. The pic above is the only shop I've seen offering this kind of bumper guard with the bash plate but then one of the other shops I visited was redoing work,  from the shop this plate was from, stating the lack of a reinforced frame and the bolts as being the reason it hadn't fulfilled it's purpose. This had me leaning towards the frame being an integral part of the installation. 

Perhaps an actual bumper guard is the better choice rather than the design feature along with a bash plate here - but I see your point about added weight to the vehicle. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, Shiju Manuel said:

Hi @Lisa Pemberton  the issue of tire touching on the bumper will solve by cutting the lower part of bumper as per marked by @Srikumar and @Frederic, but its better to be done in any garage because at the back side there are some bolts which need to be removed to do this job, cutting will be very simply done with knife but after that at the back side of the bumper there is plastic flap which need to be securely fit it to the bumper.

The skid plate i have done at Al Jazeera, Sharjah, 8MM plate with powder coating and fixing total cost 1090 Dhs. It will be less if you don't want powder coating. 

pcs for reference.

Pajero_lower_bumper_cutting-04.jpg

IMG_1597.JPG

Hi @Shiju Manuel please advise Al Jazeera garage contact info. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for your feedback. You got our objective, we want something effective not fancy. I just don't want to have a bad surprise with a massive oil lickage because i hit a rock or because I made a bad decision one the path. Do you think its relevant to pay around 1 000? Said in an other way do you think the risk is real or its just very unlikely?

Can you explain what do you meant in this point @Gaurav? ''yes it increase the rigidity but if you are playing car crushing games.''

Edited by Dagdag Sofiane
  • Like (+1) 1