•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 18 Sep 2020

Srikumar

@Srikumar thank you for the wonderful ride today. And also all the best for the team of today. You have done great.

i have some quick video of todays ride. you can all see in this link.

https://gopro.com/v/Jb7Nava6qJDkg 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

TRIP REPORT

The heavy fog of the morning was an indication that the weather is finally changing for the better. Even though the fog gave a heavenly feeling, it was a bit of challenge to drive in such conditions and reach the meeting point which was on an unlit road. Despite that almost everyone made it before the meeting time. Very much appreciated.

After the deflation and quick briefing it looked like the fog had cleared a bit so we headed into the desert with @Xavier Treasurer as my second lead and @Janarthan in sweep. However with the varying intensity of the fog between the road and the desert we had to stop a couple of times to let it lift. Once lifted we were treated to the wonderful medium range of dunes of Qudra. With an excellent bunch of Newbies and Fewbies, I was confident of pushing the pace. And everyone kept the pace very well. Ofcourse as the slightly damp track was getting churned up, the cars at the back had the additional challenge of either plowing through the churned track or finding a cleaner one.  

Such was the wonderful pace of the convoy that we managed to do side slopping on possibly every  dune on the back side of Qudra. Other than a couple of stucks one of which was due to starting off with the wrong tire pressure, it was smooth sailing through and through. As we were approaching near the exit, there was a small bowl that everyone had to get into and power their way out to the top from the other side. Those who managed it on the first attempt well done. For those who got caught in it, they had the additional challenge of backing up as far as they could and finding a cleaner path with some quick steering control to get through the other side. 

Thank you to @Xavier Treasurer @Nitin Mohan @RaYan E @Sara EL FANIDI @Sreejith Sreenivasan @Franco Swart @Anand Nataraj @Islam Soliman @Francois Germishuys @Mohamed Seidam @Javier Lucero for being a wonderful convoy.

Special mention for @Janarthan who did his first recovery and was very helpful in getting the entire convoy moving at various moments. 

As mentioned during the debriefing, those who have completed have completed 5 Newbie drives, they can apply for a promotion to Fewbie by going through the following article, and clicking on the "apply for promotion" button. Once applied your application will be reviewed by the senior members asap.

See you next week on the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

22 hours ago, Franco Swart said:

That's a great little summary Islam. Thanks for sharing, I might just get the app myself.

Hi @Franco Swart good drive and bowel clearance 😉👇

@Janarthan 

nice clearance 😉👇

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Here is the full recovery video of Xavier.. It has a lot to learn. Listen carefully for the instructions given by Srikumar..

Thanks @Srikumar for the wonderful drive.

I have 2 more videos from today’s drive.. Will add it to the post in a while.

Thanks everyone and see you soon!

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Here is the full recovery video of Xavier.. It has a lot to learn. Listen carefully for the instructions given by Srikumar..

Thanks @Srikumar for the wonderful drive.

I have 2 more videos from today’s drive.. Will add it to the post in a while.

Thanks everyone and see you soon!

@Sreejith Sreenivasan  thank you for sharing 

as the back of the convoy couldn’t witness it , but now we know . @Srikumar instructions to @xavier and @Janarthan execution upon instructions were a school by all means.
My Observation of stuck vehicle self recovery attempt didn’t succeed despite shoveling and Rare diff lock , ( the ground sticky leveled , so essentially as if the 4 tires were at equal resistance but barely on ground ) . Just one question please more deflation was done before or after shoveling ? !

observation of the recovery vehicle : utilized the gravity slope down to let “ winch “ and eventually recover .

please @Sreejith Sreenivasan can you add these two to the thread :the greatest of recoveries . I put there already two that I Had the chance to witness my self.

cheers 👍🚙🙏🏻

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Here is @RaYan E's recovery video. Only the part visible from where I was..

From the back side I captured it if I am not mistaken check please in the recovery thread @Sreejith Sreenivasan

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use