•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra South - 18 Sep 2020

Jeepie

It was indeed a very nice drive led by @Jeepie, i thoroughly enjoyed while suffering🤪 as @Wrangeld (our new pajeroged 🤣)mentioned in his report. Definitely it turned out to be challenging as second lead since the LWB might require a slightly different path, more momentum of course and the technique which i hope would come with practice 😉.Qudra soft sands is very tricky but i believe it undoubtedly enriches our desert driving skills. 

Thank you so much @Jeepie for taking us through this enjoyable route. Thank you also to the whole convoy for their patience whenever i had to try again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

After a very misty start of the drive, which almost caused me to miss the entrance to the dunes, the sun came up and the mist disappeared quickly. The start of the drive was smooth and I felt a little concerned that I wasn't challenging you enough, because everybody was managing extremely well. So I thought we will just raise the bar and see how we get on. Thankfully that immediately resulted in a couple of refusals. Letting me know that this was probably the right level.

@marks was doing a good job as sweep and I think he enjoyed the new responsibility. @Veedooshee was doing a good job as second lead and had to wait for me to redirect a couple of times. She did have the disadvantage of following a SWB Jeep in her LWB Pajero, but I love the spirit of never giving up and keep on trying. @Wrangeld had his work cut out as CF but that was just my way of keeping him from getting to comfortable in the airco of his new vehicle.

Thank you all for making it an enjoyable drive!

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use