•  

Off Road Insurance

Christian Andras

Hi!

Is there some more infoout there regarding which insurance companies that offer "propper" off road insurance? The one I have now is covering only 500 m from a road, so no propper off roading.

Like if you have a problem far away in the dunes...

Any suggestions...?

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Christian Andras in addition to what @Gaurav suggested and agree with him .
Also beware that offroad cover is noted in the policy when it’s comprehensive and when the 4X4 vehicle is GCC registered up to my knowledge.

personally I deal with RSA for all my past and current machines and I am happy with them. 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I use RSA too, for the same reason you mention, and they have a good off-road coverage.

It states in the attached booklet:

6. Off Road Assistance: We will recover the Insured Vehicle from off road areas including sandy areas, desert and/or basement parking’s within the UAE. However, recovery in the desert applies to Insured Vehicles that have four wheel drive capability only, excluding competitive events or carrying passengers as part of business. This service is limited to three times in a year.

Off road cover: The coverage under the Policy is extended to include loss or damage to Your Insured Vehicle and/or Third Party Liability, whilst being driven off road. Provided that: (a) Your Vehicle has four wheel drive capability (b) It is a private vehicle only In the event of a claim the Police Report should be provided.

What we don't cover: If You are participating in any kind of dune-bashing, competitive event or race. If You are carrying passengers in the Insured Vehicle, for hire or reward.

new_motor_policy_booklet_effective_1st_october_2016.pdf

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks guys! I am in contact RSA. They seem good!

Have any of you used the insurance to get you out of the desert?

Btw - last piece above (“What we don’t cover”): is Carnity drive to be considered ”dune bashing”...???😱

• Haha (+1) 2

Update: it did't go too well with RSA. They asked if car is GCC - Yes it is. They asked if car is modified? I replied what is the definition of modified? The only "modification" is bigger tyres 285/70. She told me that they consider that to be a "modification", so they cannot give med the comprenhesive insurance (with the Off Road)...

Don't know what to say. I don't consider the bigger tyres to be a modification. Maybe I should have said nothing...?? 

All of you with RSA insurance have totally un-modified cars??

I'll try the other companies...

• Confused (0) 4

@Christian Andras just go with RSA direct online. Bigger tires are not a mod and insurance depends on police report. In the very few cases we have, we always helped to get the vehicle closer to the road. No issues with RSA in over 5 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use