•  
Advertise here

ABS kill switch

M.Seidam

On 9/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, Barry said:

There’s no issues naming and recommending anyone on here, it helps everyone. You just have to be careful if you say anything bad about someone because of the defamation laws. 

As per recent developments where recommendations turned out to be a hidden brand promotion and duly benefited for spreading wrong ideas, modifications and incompetent businesses we have restricted this lately.

Unfortunately this idea of genuine recommendation and helping others has been abused heavily in suggesting the name of businesses in every help seeking post, rather than focusing on solving problem.

We being an unbiased car community want to understand the process rather than brand naming. Once you understand your vehicle better and how to manage what you're looking for then you can approach any car business near you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing @Thomas Varghese. I'm sure this is going to help a lot of Xterra owners. Make sure to switch your car off and remove the car keys from the ignition before you pull the fuse or put it back on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 3 months later...

Hello desert wanderers @Carnity and Xterra Lovers 

update to the ABS kill switch which also kills the traction and stability control as well .when we are doing this then we are in total control of what to do and not to do without the interference of your Xterra electronics.

However the situation will be the other way around in stuck situation particularly when one wheel is in the air ( tripod crest ) where the power goes all to the free tire because it has the least resistance leaving the three tires frozen due to the electronic shut down by the kill switch. 

I have been to such situation couple of time last was today in IM drive . To let your Xterra help you then when some one has to turn the kill switch off in this sequence : Engine off , key out of ignition , kill switch button off , key back in , switch engine , put the gear in 4L ... and the rest you know . Off course the self recovery might be complemented by proper shovelling meaning in the right place. Then RPM 1500 to 2000 as required either constant or blip blip and with D or R as required... today I had to open my window and watch my front left tire as it started to move I kept my foot steady and then wiggle the steering as required . In no time I was out .

This observation is really important for self recovery and as long as the kill switch is on the wheels will never move and the free wheel will keep in spinning 

I thought of sharing this 

cheers 🌷🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2