•  
Advertise here

ABS kill switch

M.Seidam

Good day 

On my last drive i realized how ABS kicks soon , and I decided to kill it . However it was not killed as This will kill the 4WD along  or that what I understood . I appreciated from the garage telling the truth rather than creating another problem.  

I need a trusted place who know how to deal with the electricity of my 2012 X 

many suggestion please ! 

thank you and as I always say cheers and drive safe 🌷🙏🏻🚙

Mohamed

• Like (+1) 3

It’s a pretty easy thing to do. When you pull the fuse, you are left with 2 empty terminals. Put a wire in each one, then connect the other ends of the wires to an on-off switch. I recommend fitting an inline fuse holder with a fuse the same size as the original. I would love to help you with it but I don’t get involved with safety related modifications due to liability issues.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Even the so called reliable 4x4 garages who offer this service make a hash of it. @Desert Dweller had the kill switched installed on her X and it disabled the 4x4 .... which made for very interesting desert driving.

The X went back 3 times before they finally resolved it. So my advice is once it is installed. check it, check it again, and check it again before leaving the shop.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

27 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Even the so called reliable 4x4 garages who offer this service make a hash of it. @Desert Dweller had the kill switched installed on her X and it disabled the 4x4 .... which made for very interesting desert driving.

The X went back 3 times before they finally resolved it. So my advice is once it is installed. check it, check it again, and check it again before leaving the shop.

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar , I am not surprised then as I heard similar story with ABS/ 4x4 issue .

@Desert Dweller can you share please where did you sort out this issue finally if I may ask ?!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar , I am not surprised then as I heard similar story with ABS/ 4x4 issue .

@Desert Dweller can you share please where did you sort out this issue finally if I may ask ?!

The garage that installed it fixed it. At first they thought it was a faulty switch but then they just redid the job again. Didn't have any issues with the first switch they installed . I'm not sure we are allowed to mention the name of the garage on here 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I don't think we are allowed to recommend businesses here. However, I got it done at this address 4 34th St - Umm Ramool - Dubai. I went back to the same place to get it fixed. I had done it before to another car I had in the same place and it worked fine from the first time. This time I had to go again as it wasn't as nicely done as the previous time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Mohamed Seidam Here is a DIY Diagram for the ABS Kill Switch. 

You can get the Switch, Fuse & wire in Sharjah & DM. Get couple of extra Fuses & Switches as u might need it later. Due to the sand & heat switch might get stuck or break.

5937FF04-FB0C-4F47-BEE0-7817B01061E0.JPG.3b299e83e414c9ab7209f23945d54976.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Mohamed Seidam Check your fuse box first to make sure which fuse is for traction and ABS. Pull that fuse and then check the errors on your dash, besides the traction and ABS errors there should be nothing else. 

Even when I installed it, the first time it was done it showed an error with 4 low so made them check again and figured there were 2 separate fuses that deactivated the traction and ABS, in addition, 1 also deactivated the 4 low.  Before leaving the workshop, turn on of off everything that you do before the drive just to make sure no errors pop up. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Desert Dweller said:

I don't think we are allowed to recommend businesses here. However, I got it done at this address 4 34th St - Umm Ramool - Dubai. I went back to the same place to get it fixed. I had done it before to another car I had in the same place and it worked fine from the first time. This time I had to go again as it wasn't as nicely done as the previous time.

There’s no issues naming and recommending anyone on here, it helps everyone. You just have to be careful if you say anything bad about someone because of the defamation laws. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1