•  
Advertise here

Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ground Clearance

Hi @Brettehope I am using the right channel to write this for your advise. How are u doing ... @Gauravled me to you. I have a GC Summit 5.7 that I used yesterday and came out unscathed from an Absolute Newbie drive. Gaurav pointed to me that the quadralift is still a suspect when I go higher up on the drive grades. The front bumper, ground clearance etc may hv to be improved.  Learnt that you have done some modifications to enhance your vehicle which is similar. I want to pick your brain on it. Can I call you to take tips. I am at 0506446513. Can WhatsApp when it is convenient to call you. Best regards ...Gokul

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Gok Krish  and welcome to Carnity.  I drive the JGC as well but mine is the 3.6 limited. I did buy this version specifically because I knew that I would be using it in the desert alot and it did have the option to remove the lower bumper facia in the front and back. 

With the summit, the quadralift helps if you are moving at a slow pace or rock climbing as you can increase it to ride height 3 and that gives you about a 2 inch lift. On the flip side, that is again controlled by 1 of the many programmed chips the vehicle has and if you drive over a certain speed, the chip thinks you are no longer off-road and drops the ride height accordingly which can be a problem at higher levels of drives when the pace increases. 

Since you have just started off and done just an absolute newbie drive, I would say to do a few more newbie drives on a regular basis on ride height 3 to get a feel of the vehicle and how it handles at that height as these drives are not fast paced. After that is when you would need to take a call on whether you have to do some modification to the vehicle based on if you are going to continue this sport as the higher up the ladder you climb the more you will have to work on to block out all these chips from controling the vehicle so you as a driver have control of what you want the vehicle to do. 

Feel free to call me anytime 52,677,1076 if you have any other questions and also keep this thread updated with what you end up doing. Over the last few months I see the grand Cherokee numbers have increased so this topic can be a reference point for others too. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Frederic changed the title to Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ground Clearance
27 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Hi Brette, @Gaurav I took ownership of a wrangler 2014 this week from a EK pilot with 20,000kms on it. Thanks for the encouraging advice. I want to speed up movement and learn faster. Did not want to damage the 5.7 just incase. Pls pive me extra brownie points for being real good enthusiast! 

congratulations with your new ride 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

14 hours ago, topgear said:

congratulations with your new ride 

@Gok Krish Congratulations and wise decision , I took my self similar one , but for an Xterra and not Wrangler ( same concept ) and spared my JGC for the family. 👍

wish you safe drive 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, Gok Krish said:

Hi @Brettehope I am using the right channel to write this for your advise. How are u doing ... @Gauravled me to you. I have a GC Summit 5.7 that I used yesterday and came out unscathed from an Absolute Newbie drive. Gaurav pointed to me that the quadralift is still a suspect when I go higher up on the drive grades. The front bumper, ground clearance etc may hv to be improved.  Learnt that you have done some modifications to enhance your vehicle which is similar. I want to pick your brain on it. Can I call you to take tips. I am at 0506446513. Can WhatsApp when it is convenient to call you. Best regards ...Gokul

Late to the party but here goes anyways. Coming from a Land Rover & Range Rover which has the same issue if you go over 50kph the air suspension drop back to normal height. 

To overcome this issue a company called johnson rods cake up with a simple 20min DIY solution by extending the length of the height sensors it fooled the ecu into thinking it was at normal height. SO now normal height is lifted and lifted height is super extended.

Another way for the LRs was with diagnostic tool you can calibrate any of the heights levels to your own desired height  pretty simple and painless procedure. Just needed to get into the air suspension module and entering in new height settings.

Look around on Jeep forums I'm sure there is something similar for the JGC since it is an active community

• Like (+1) 4