•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2020

Frederic

36 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Hi @Frederic,

I'm familiar with the challenges in Area 53 (I've done 5 drives there, outside Carnity) so I know I'll need to be 120% focusing on the driving. 

Having said this, how about I'll take one of my drones with me in case we find the time to squeeze in a few mins for a couple of shots for the drone challenge? 

Sure buddy ! Bring it on !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear @Frederic,

Area 53 is beautiful and today's drive was a very nice one due to the great weather conditions (still 27°C at 8.30am), the beautiful early morning light and the inspiring landscape. 

We had a few stops due to pop-outs, (during one of which I was able to steal a few minutes of drone video footage) but other than that the drive was nice and smooth, even if in a couple of cases we had to reroute before reaching the top of the pyramids. I was really looking forward to making it to the top!! 

The new high profile tyres deflated at 10psi were fantastic to drive and the more I get used to them the more I am getting efficient in managing power and traction, with much less concerns for pop-outs. It feels like driving a totally different car than just 3 weeks ago.. 

Thanks for the lead @Frederic and @Shiju Manuel and kudos to the whole convoy, which - despite being a big one - managed quite well, especially considering we had many newly / recently promoted intermediates. @Foxtrot Oscar was everywhere helping those who had stucks or refusals toghether with @Brette at the back. 

Great drive, can't wait for the next one in Sweihan.. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Frederic thanks for grate drive in the challenging terrain and being on the second lead in this terrain was absolutely and wonderful feeling. As part of the game had a pop out and crust, thanks to @Foxtrot Oscar for the tug. Every one drove well. See you all soon in sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Frederic for yet another great drive. 

it was a big convoy in a technical  area which provided lots of challenges and many learning opportunities. 

kudos to all the new intermediate level drivers who coped with everything thrown at them today, everyone did really well 

• Like (+1) 5

22 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

"It's been a long time been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time"...... Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin.

My last Intermediate drive came from the time before Carnity exploded exponentially, and we use to have drives with 4-5 cars where we bumped the drive level up every 20 mins until the first one got stuck. 

This morning, a fresh convoy of about 9 cars was eager to hit the Bidayer area, and get a taste from the rockin and rollin this area has to offer. To avoid the crazy traffic at Bidayer shops, we deflated at the Big Adventure Tours roundabout and went in from there. These dunes are little bit technical and it was a great sight to see the sun coming up behind Big Red itself. We moved to the first pyramid area and all did their very best to get as far and as high as their vehicle could take them. 

The whole team did their utmost best and all proved their recent promotions. We kept moving from one play area to another, and were eventually halted by the first popout Brette encountered. The tyre lost its valve and had some damage on the inner edge so we had some difficulties getting it to pop in again. 2 more popouts followed the next hour but these were easier ones that were resolved within 10-15mins. 

We enjoyed the sunny morning, and only had to deal with a very few refusals that were easily dealt with, and the rope of @Foxtrot Oscar did its work as well. 

Big kudos to @Shiju Manuel for being a great second lead and communicating well to the other Pajeros behind him to make them aware of the bumps and pockets. @AnishS you did a fewbie plus drives and it showed, you drove with confidence and i hope Veedooshee enjoyed as well. @Yousef Alimadadi for your first intermediate drive as well, absolutely well done. 

Totally impressed as well with @Janarthan  @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Foxtrot Oscar and the Wrangler boys @Febin Frederic  @Rinelle Sanaani @Jun Zamora

@Brette also a thumbs up for assisting with the recoveries and keeping everyone moving.

See you soon in the sands again !

Thank you @Frederic, they were all fantastic yesterday, i definitely enjoyed👍 and even more breathtaking was seeing the cars riding the ridge at the spot where we stopped like a play area. Superrrr☺️

• Like (+1) 1

• Emmanuel changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2020

Important Information

Terms of use