•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2020

Rahimdad

TRIP REPORT

A chilly early morning start which was full of surprises. The best surprise was to reach early and see most of the convoy already deflating. One of the bad surprises was @abdallah hussein did not show up and I had no intimation of that. Radios that were not charged properly or was a faulty piece sold by the shop. Biggest surprise was my car count was not lower. I later realized that @sheri had joined the drive around 10 pm after I had locked my drive at 8pm and gone to sleep.

I was always in search for some virgin dunes and discovered some nice clean patches early on. As we came close th Pink Rocks I saw so many convoys playing around and there were cross tracks all over the place. At this point I decided to cross Pink Rocks and play around on the other side. With a bit of a paved way for us we were able to make it to some very nice dunes very quickly. Everybody managed to keep good pace and kept the convoy closely knit. As we approached Big Red and jyst as I was about to exit I saw a clean face on one side and decided we were going to play. Sideys was the name of the game and everyone one did so well to show case their skills with steering and throttle control. After everyone had their fill and as it started to get hot we exited, inflated and head back home to be glued to our screens on Sunday at 7 pm to grab any available spaces.

My thanks to @Ashy as my second lead, he did very well in handling his JGC. @PN1207 did very well at number 3, but needs a little bit more practice with his throttle control. @Roopesh babu still needs to apply what we have taught in theory, but managed himself well on the trip. @Francois Germishuys just added thrill to the group with his very loud F150 which I could hear from 200 meters behind me. What an awesome feeling. @Franco Swart did really well with his little Pajero. Awesome sight to see good control on both steering and throttle.

My sincere thanks to @Alexander Alcala performing the most difficult job of Centre Forward to keep the convoy moving. @Anand Nataraj did very well with his Xterra. @sheri did well to keep up and I never heard any refusals from him. @Vijaysekhar was very pleasing to the eyes to watch as he not only had good control but all his manoeuvres were with grace and poise. @Shyam Karat only impresses me every time I drive with him. @Gok Krish and @Kailas right at the end kept the whole convoy moving and enjoyed driving together in the back. Special thanks to @Kailas to be my sweep and keeping me updated about the condition in the back at regular intervals.

All in all a brilliant drive, but more interesting was the fact that so many members appreciate and want to do more to help out our community. Rest assured with growing numbers all of you are headed in the right direction to contribute and make our community stronger. Until next time adios amigos and Amigas.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3

@Rahimdad thanks for the raid.  I enjoyed very much the ride and the surroundings.  The group was also very kind and surprisingly for a newbie level, few refusals. I enjoyed helping in one recover, but in general the group made it very easy.

I am looking forward for the next adventure, hoping more challenges will present.

Nos vemos en la ruta

Edited by Alexander Alcala
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

23 hours ago, Shyam Karat said:

3997723D-2FB4-4638-B2BF-9340BF2955CB.jpeg

EE908672-06B3-4C20-92E2-48D92B12313F.jpeg

DF59C15A-6764-4BAF-A5BC-05ABECFA5ADF.jpeg

918A4FF2-0B27-4342-A55C-1A76361427F6.jpeg

@Shyam Karat nice picture capture really 👍

I like the red wrangler with black star ,though ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use