•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie desert drive: Ale & Richard RELAY DRIVE. Margham to Lahbab - 25 Sep 2020

Wrangeld

19 minutes ago, Hennie Schoeman said:

@Wrangeld quick question. You mention the deflation area is "inside the fence". Does the meeting point coordinates indicate the entrance point (gate) where we should enter the fenced area? If it will be very obvious when we arrive here, no worries. Thanks

image.png

@Hennie Schoeman when we carried out the recon on this drive a week ago, the gate in the fence was obvious and open beacuse it is an entry point to some of the Margham farms.

In the event that we arrive there tomorrow morning and for what ever reason is it closed, there are alternative entry points to which I will lead the convoy but there is the chance to park on the outer side of the fence safely and wait. 

It's a great question, because we have found that fences and the like are erected from one week to the next in the past - but I am hopeful that in the space of the time we did the recon nothing new has happened.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Relay Riders, 

Please find attached the convoy numbers, roles and responsibilities for the drive tomorrow morning. 

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive Margham 25 Sept 2020  
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Expert Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1 Lead
Ashok Chaturvedi Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 2 2nd lead
Sajit Modiyil Fewbie Nissan Xterra Y 3  
Nizam Deen Fewbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado Y 4  
Melenany Fewbie Ford F150 Y 5  
Tamas Hoffmann Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 6 CF
Ajiesh George Kannankara Fewbie Nissan Patrol Y62 Y 7  
Jodha singh shekhawat Fewbie Nissan Xterra Y 8  
Muzamil Hussain Fewbie Jeep Wrangler   9  
Hennie Schoeman Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Y 10  
Christian Andres Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 11

SW

This is a new area, so there will be a bit of exploration tomorrow as we find our way through some new Fewbie territory for Carnity as a club. Think of yourselves as adventurers, discovering new tracks and trails. 

We hope to meet up with our 'reverse' drive and hand over the baton, but there is no guarantee. Everything depends on how the convoy performs and how we work as a team to support each other out on the drive.

We will be using Carnity radion channel 4. 

The deflation point is inside the fence, off the road. Please do, however keep the appropriate distance as per COVID rules. 

Any questions, please let us know. We will try to leave on time and get as much out of the experience as possible. 

@Christian Andras @Hennie Schoeman @muzamil hussain @jodha singh shekhawat @Ajiesh George Kannankara @Tamas Hoffmann @Melenany @Nizam Deen @Sajit Modiyil @Ashok chaturvedi

We do have one waitlisted driver if anyone is unable to come, so please let uis know now if that's likely. 

Can u please remove my name from the list won't be able to make it unfortunately 😔 

• Like (+1) 1

@Wrangeld in TOP form for this report !! Great reading you. 

Yes, it was wonderful to meet, and especially so because we managed to do it at a different place than originally planned. When I had almost given up on our "relay" stop, there you were, coming up from behind a dune, closer to the play area. You guys were having too much fun riding up and down those bowls!! 

Of course, we will visit that beautiful location again, for a repetition of the Relay Drive: do not forget that other half of the area which we visited two weeks ago, still  untouched by Carnity wheels 😜

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld@Wrangeld. Thank you, I really enjoyed this drive. Really fun driving driving at the back for 2 reasons: Firstly, being able to sit back and watch the 5-6 cars in front of you tackle an obstacle (good for learning and laughing at times) And then having to do the same obstacle after the whole convoy basically spun up the place. Challenging & fun at the same time. I really applaud your patience, and enjoyed hanging out at the back with @Christian Andras. Hope to drive with you gents again soon! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

It was a superb gift to a new season for such a lovely cool morning and all the beautiful desert you showed us. Thanks you so much @Wrangeld to let me drive behind you the experience was awesome to watch you maneuver in an uncharted piece of desert. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Wrangeld I never thought it would be so much fun and experience under your guidance for my first drive as Fewbie. Let me thank you for pouring us with the guidance, motivation, self confidence and fun through all across the ride. It was really awesome. 
@Christian Andras & @Tamas Hoffmann you guys were simply superb through out the journey in terms of helping out every one in the team when needful. At one point I was thinking of hand carrying the shovel and rope at one point instead of reaching it all the time from the vehicle.😂😂. Excellent team work on last drive..Thank you once again for all the members and waiting to drive with you soon..

Sharing some pictures of last drive. I will be posting the drone videos we took a bit later as it require some editing. @Tamas Hoffmann we got a superb click of your car which will also be posted later the day.

6D3B7BC4-7BAC-4DAC-8C9C-797C5F8BF771.jpeg

AD0F890C-7132-4CC6-8CB1-14F205213A3D.jpeg

4151D6B6-7193-4B1A-AFAA-387ADA6277E3.jpeg

3813BAD3-3450-44A7-AE42-574DF1B786C5.jpeg

D499315A-58D8-47CF-9BEA-3990AEAAD29D.jpeg

ECD42D9E-68C2-4BE3-82C0-4B77D0D3CA53.jpeg

B246A36B-66EE-4A1C-B688-B0464F37C4AB.jpeg

B8F4B537-AAC2-4EF7-A091-42E07C3D38FA.jpeg

23143CD1-2063-4D8E-8EB9-784155D8D1A9.jpeg

BC28E705-80ED-42CC-83B9-8B59C4B80594.jpeg

7B6B4528-B7EB-4156-9F08-BB954080C8E3.jpeg

D6C9FBAC-ECB3-4135-A6BC-2A6C03E6A4B1.jpeg

669F56D3-5A61-448F-A785-55D8937C31D9.jpeg

7262FE55-F2A3-4B82-B790-FEDFD9434705.jpeg

AF592524-DB97-4861-B547-E95F35FA73D7.jpeg

0D5A8C98-B025-4288-948F-91AA491CD68A.jpeg

0E5CD28A-90D0-440A-B71C-7933735C1EE6.jpeg

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Brilliant post @Ajiesh George Kannankara - with some nice reminders of the drive. It was a pleasure to have you and your crew on hand and as mentioned in the main drive report your enthusiasm to help out where ever possible is really appreciated. The new Carnity leaders all start out as members that have as much interest in driving through the sand as getting deep into it to help out the team. 

When the drone work is ready, please let us know. 

I am looking forward to the next chance to drive together. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi Everyone 

I can only speak on behalf of myself and my passengers but we really enjoyed this drive probably because we took part in most of the action and also being part of couple of stuck and fantastic rescues from it 

@Ajiesh George Kannankara

Thank you so much for your help multiple times and looking forward to the drone shot 

@Christian Andras

You were an inspiration during the rescues and probably iam buying all the gear you had 🤣🤣 the double stuck of us was the highlight of the day 

@Wrangeld

Thank you so much for your support and trust in me with cf position and indeed we had a great drive again and looking forward to more of similar ones 

And for everyone else thank you for your patience and support 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use