•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - "Ale & Richard RELAY DRIVE": Lahbab to Margham - 25 Sep 2020

Ale Vallecchi

20 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@muzamil hussain I will do that (you're #1). I am also asking @Wrangeld to consider your name if a spot opens up in his drive (the track is inverted, but is the same).

@Vineeth John Joseph you are currently #2 in the waiting list. I am also asking @Wrangeld to consider your name if a spot opens up in his drive (the track is inverted, but is the same).

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/20/2020 at 7:12 PM, muzamil hussain said:

please add me to the wait list 

On 9/20/2020 at 7:20 PM, Vineeth John Joseph said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi

Please add me to waiting list

On 9/20/2020 at 9:16 PM, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

Ho @Ale Vallecchi pls add me to the waiting list 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, Rizwanm2 said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi please add me also to the waiting list 

@Emmanuel drive has been updated to fewbie , if you all are interested there are some places available 

@muzamil hussain

@Vineeth John Joseph

@Luca Palanca Falsini

@Rizwanm2

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:
On 9/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, Rizwanm2 said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi please add me also to the waiting list 

@Emmanuel drive has been updated to fewbie , if you all are interested there are some places available 

@muzamil hussain

@Vineeth John Joseph

@Luca Palanca Falsini

@Rizwanm2

Thank you @Chaitanya D  signed up for the drive. 🙏

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Thanks @Chaitanya D However I will wait for any drop outs here or else I already have RSVPd in Rahimdad's drive. 

5 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@muzamil hussain

@Vineeth John Joseph

@Luca Palanca Falsini

@Rizwanm2

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desert goers.

Time to get ready for tomorrow's drive.

First, the convoy order:

@Kalahari in Second Lead will be your leader (as you may know, the convoy always follows the Second Lead, who is the driver with the best and cleanest track, based on my possible corrections and re-directions).

@Hatim Patharia will make his debut as Fewbie at #3

@Tero Vallas will start at #4

@Mohamed Seidam will take position #5

@Mehmet Volga will follow at #6

@Nivin will celebrate his new Intermediate rank by anchoring the convoy at Center Forward

@Nabil Bishara will cover position #8

@Miguel Ibarbia will drive at #9

@Shaaz Sha will wear jersey #10

@Biju Abdul starts at #11, and 

@marks will Sweep the convoy.

Regarding the itinerary, we will meet a few hundred meters past Lahbab's big trucks' rest and parking area, and will stop to deflate just beyond an open gate through the fence running parallel to the tarmac road. When you reach the meeting's location please tune into Carnity channel 1 (446.006). You may refuel at a Emarat gas station just before taking the turn toward Labhab on the E66, or at an Eppco station as you enter Lahbab.

The drive will take us first through a relatively mixed area (some trees, a bit of vegetation, and some low dunes traversed by a few tracks, that will slowly become more sandy, and a little technical (which is where your foot's sensitivity should adapt to the terrain, using short bursts of power when needed, but mostly being gentle on the accelerator). About half way we should start crossing some open areas, coasted by longer range dunes, until toward the end we'll reach a very mouth-watering set of higher dunes and bowls, of a beautiful redder sand, where we can play as much as possible.

Please remember to make sure you have a compressor (no gas stations near the exit point), and the minimum required tools for Fewbies (a good shovel is mandatory).

Enjoy your last day of the week, and see you tomorrow at 5:30 SHARP.

• Like (+1) 8

Important Information

Terms of use