•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 25 Sep 2020

Srikumar

TRIP REPORT

After the excellent Absolute Newbie drive, I was looking for a nice quick Newbie drive starting at the back side of Qudra. The idea was to hit the long range dunes before sunset and then drive along the smaller dunes under the guidance of our light. 

Almost everyone made it on time, and after a quick briefing we headed into the desert. How fast Dubai construction takes place is evident by the fact that the entry point which was accessible the previous Friday was blocked off and we had to find an alternative route to enter the desert. A strong mix of Newbies and Fewbies let me push the pace a bit in some of the medium range dunes and we all got plenty of opportunity to do side slopping. 

As night fall approached, it gave us an opportunity to have a drive under a different challenge. With the reduced visibility one needs to up their concentration to the highest level so as to keep a clear visual of what the car in front has done. The space between the cars needs to be reduced. Everyone did extremely well and followed the tracks properly.

@Veedooshee was my second lead and though I was driving with her for the first time, I was mighty impressed on the communications and drive skills. Well done.

A big thanks to @Ashok chaturvedi who had the responsibility of sweep and did it very well to ensure that all the cars were moving properly in front of him and to keep announcing on the radio the status of the convoy movement.

Special word of mention to newly promoted @Desert Dweller for supporting the drive and who was more than willing to the drivers as and when needed. 

Well done everyone and look forward to seeing you next week. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Indeed it was a drive par excellence led by @Srikumar. I was highly privileged by getting to drive behind you as i also get to learn from the way you tackle the dunes. Your meticulousness, guidance and support throughout the drive is really great.

I had loads of fun practicing the sideys and i really enjoyed the swiftness of the route (despite the technicalities) as you did set a very nice pace.  I also enjoyed that portion of night driving yesterday as you still kept that pace and some technicalities.

Pretty good job by the whole convoy..👍

Special thanks goes to our CF @Desert Dweller and our sweep @Ashok chaturvedi.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use