•  
Advertise here

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher we can try it on the Sweihan drive. What time is better, just after sunrise or closer to 8 am. Will try to scout some nice dunes where we can try to shoot. With the well spaced out dunes of Sweihan we might get some good footage,

Maybe then I can share with you the route and you can see if drones are allowed in those areas.

Dear @Srikumar,

I checked and there are no no-fly zones (red zones) in Sweihan area, nevertheless there are some restricted zones (orange zones) for hobbyist drone flights which have quite a strange shape and are therefore a bit tricky, so whether we can freely fly drones it really depends on the specific route. 

If you share with me the kmz file of the route (or at least the UTM or WGS84 coordinates of the key way points) I can superimpose it on the updated no fly zones by the UAE GCAA. 

As far as the time is concerned, I would say that for a 1st trial it would be more practical to fly around 8am, with full morning light. The sun by then will be still quite low, so we will have anyway a lot of shadows and nice lighting conditions. 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Srikumar,

I checked and there are no no-fly zones (red zones) in Sweihan area, nevertheless there are some restricted zones (orange zones) for hobbyist drone flights which have quite a strange shape and are therefore a bit tricky, so whether we can freely fly drones it really depends on the specific route. 

If you share with me the kmz file of the route (or at least the UTM or WGS84 coordinates of the key way points) I can superimpose it on the updated no fly zones by the UAE GCAA. 

As far as the time is concerned, I would say that for a 1st trial it would be more practical to fly around 8am, with full morning light. The sun by then will be still quite low, so we will have anyway a lot of shadows and nice lighting conditions. 

Great. I will WhatsApp you some nice.play areas tomorrow

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1