•  
Advertise here

Dodge Challenger, what to watch out for when buying

Heisem

I'm considering to buy a Dodge Challenger from Emirates Auction for a weekend fun car or to transport it to Europe. Im considering all engines 3.6L 5.7L and 6.4L 

What i noticed is that in the inspection report whenever comments are made about the cars chassis the prices on those cars are extremely low. Given that chassis when bent or repaired on a car it is unsafe to drive it therefore cannot be registered by RTA, which explains the low price. 

What are other faults in challengers that I need to watch out for and are expensive to repair? 

Are oil leaks/ transmission leaks in challengers easy to repair? 

Which engine will give me the least trouble/cost 3.6L , 5.7L, 6.4L SRT

Lastly, can anyone recommend a good garage for these cars? 

I heard about some challengers having transmission issues. 

This is the kind of car that easily could become a money pit. Especially when coming from Emirates Auctions, where these car might appear to go cheap, but you will end up spending in some cases more than finding one from a private owner and paying a bit more.

The SRT will be the most fun, but will cost a lot to get it back in decent condition.

With so many expats leaving, i'd keep an eye out on the private selling platforms and pay a bit more for a clean one. 

Export to Europe is another challenge....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

One of my friend professionally modify and sell sports cars in Dubai. Also he is doing exports. 

U can check his FB page and get in contact with him. 

https://www.facebook.com/sportscarsdubai/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Frederic yea I was planning to buy american cars here and sell them in Poland because they are much more expensive there but the EU charges applied there are very high. (Germany has got to sell their cars somehow afterall 💰

It will probably be a money pit as you said but have to feed my addiction to cars somehow 😂 and don't wanna pay to much because these cars depreciate like crazy. 

@Rizwanm2 thanks, ill check it out 👍

• Like (+1) 1

@Heisem you are a braver man than me. Importing from here to Poland ... I considered trying the same into NL where prices are even higher, but when I looked at the import charges, transport and the fact that the GCC models might not have the same catalytic converters as needed in EU, I decided to just buy and enjoy here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1