•  
Advertise here

Nissan Xterra Must to do Modifications

sertac

I have added skid plate and proper tow hook. For kill switch, i haven't felt any difficulty with abs for traction control so far so haven't done it yet. I will see later. 

About skid plate i was very obsessed to keep the original look. I haven't found the older type of skid plate but i used uncoated aluminum and glued the plate to the original location. With this it doesn't look that odd to me. 

https://ibb.co/X86M2s0

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@sertac ABS kill is the first thing you should do for serious level drives. If the ABS kicks in during steep slope it will keep releasing the tires making your xterra go down without break or control.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

4 hours ago, sertac said:

I have added skid plate and proper tow hook. For kill switch, i haven't felt any difficulty with abs for traction control so far so haven't done it yet. I will see later. 

About skid plate i was very obsessed to keep the original look. I haven't found the older type of skid plate but i used uncoated aluminum and glued the plate to the original location. With this it doesn't look that odd to me. 

https://ibb.co/X86M2s0

I’m just a bit afraid for you plate, it might fall... Maybe better to put it on the upper part, just below the grill. 

About the kill switch, even if you don’t feel the need of it now in Dubai dunes, I would advise you to install it. I experienced exactly what @Asif Hussain mentioned in a long and steep decline in Oum al-Oush (or maybe it was Wagan?) and believe me it was really scary. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

What about below mod guys.  I feel X's left side (driver side) rear view mirror is too flat and not adequately convex. Hence there is huge blindspot in the mirror.  i think a small blind spot mirror like below would give at least little bit of comfort. 

but right side mirror is ok for me. 

image.png.312afc5be31ce098990a18599001e2d1.png

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 9/24/2020 at 7:57 PM, sertac said:

Ok guys than next week abs kill switch is coming. 

I was till the last drive I did , Although no steep slopes , was not convinced for the necessity to kill the ABS via installing switch . However it kicked in even to the gentle breaking I felt it , instinctively downshift the gear to 2 while releasing the break paddle , controlled . If it was longer downhill and steeper non ABS breakers big reliever . I will try sort it too before next drive .

1 hour ago, Rizwanm2 said:

What about below mod guys.  I feel X's left side (driver side) rear view mirror is too flat and not adequately convex. Hence there is huge blindspot in the mirror.  i think a small blind spot mirror like below would give at least little bit of comfort. 

It’s not bad but please don’t let it  prevent you from the habit of over shoulder quick look 😉 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

I installed this one maybe two years ago but with time I realised that I wasn't using it because it takes a bit of time for your eyes to  focus/zoom on this very small mirror. Instead I just learnt to adjust my side mirror properly - there was a post on this forum maybe two years ago, I'll try to dig and find it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Blind spot gone 🙏🏻

I tried it this morning with my X adjusted the Side mirrors And I realized that I was driving before in a very big blind spot that I created my self and only what I got  Is a neck pain! 

thats why in driving schools if you don’t first look in the rare mirror then the side you fail the test ! Honestly no one explained it properly . ( I have 3 drivers license from three diff countries 🤭). Regarding reverse parking no problem at all . To the contrary it’s a neck saving correct way . Let’s see the Grand Cherokee and with all the options in it what will do this afternoon .... to be continued 

Thank you @Emmanueland  @Gaurav

cheers👍🙏🏻🚙

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3