•  
Advertise here

ABS Kill-switch

Per A

I have been searching but not finding any good information regarding an ABS Kill-switch for the pajero. I have not done much offroading but i have realised even when i go out from a gastation ans the ground or tires are wet it will kill the power, even with the "traction control off" button pressed. it only reduces the effect but dont turn it off and its realy anoying when there is alot of traffic.

any one who had one or know where i can get one?

/Per

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Per A said:

I have been searching but not finding any good information regarding an ABS Kill-switch for the pajero. I have not done much offroading but i have realised even when i go out from a gastation ans the ground or tires are wet it will kill the power, even with the "traction control off" button pressed. it only reduces the effect but dont turn it off and its realy anoying when there is alot of traffic.

any one who had one or know where i can get one?

/Per

I am not sure why you would want to disable the traction control on road. If the ground and tyres are wet and the traction kicks in, it is doing what its supposed to be doing, and rest assured with a rear-wheel driven Pajero your car would be easily slipping and might cause you to make a full 360.

Even if you go for a kill-switch, all the lights on your dashboard (ABS, Traction Control) will be fully on, i don't think that is very healthly and re-assuring while driving on-road, hence the suggestion/advice i posted is only for going offroad. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I am not sure why you would want to disable the traction control on road. If the ground and tyres are wet and the traction kicks in, it is doing what its supposed to be doing, and rest assured with a rear-wheel driven Pajero your car would be easily slipping and might cause you to make a full 360.

Even if you go for a kill-switch, all the lights on your dashboard (ABS, Traction Control) will be fully on, i don't think that is very healthly and re-assuring while driving on-road, hence the suggestion/advice i posted is only for going offroad. 

i have had a few situations where i have almost been in accidents due to it cutting power due to a tire slipping so in certain situations i would like it. of course it should be on 99.99% of all times as it serves a purpose.

when offroading it is easy just to pull the relay so for that part it is not necessary. 

And of course more buttons = cooler car :D 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Per A said:

i have had a few situations where i have almost been in accidents due to it cutting power due to a tire slipping so in certain situations i would like it. of course it should be on 99.99% of all times as it serves a purpose.

when offroading it is easy just to pull the relay so for that part it is not necessary. 

And of course more buttons = cooler car :D 

Given the fact that it only rains a few days per year, i doubt if your tyres are still good 😳.

So correct me if I’m wrong: in the millisecond moment your car would be slipping you would quickly switch off the traction control with your kill switch ? 

I’ll give you one hint: during wet days and slippery terrain, just keep the car in 4H. Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Given the fact that it only rains a few days per year, i doubt if your tyres are still good 😳.

So correct me if I’m wrong: in the millisecond moment your car would be slipping you would quickly switch off the traction control with your kill switch ? 

I’ll give you one hint: during wet days and slippery terrain, just keep the car in 4H. Problem solved.

ooh i hadn't thought  of that, normally i turn off the traction if there is a lot of traffic on a main road that i try and enter specially when its from a brick road cause even when dry those can be slippery, but i have not put it in 4h. I will try that next time instead and see if there is improvement. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 3

Pajero inherently uses 2WD means 100% power goes to rear wheel, while in 4H it shifts 30% in front wheel and 70% in rear wheel.

In Gen4 its 33:67.

This combo of 4H is very rare unlike other 4x4 - 50:50 or 40:60 split, and this makes 4H more desirable to use on wet road, slippery track, loose gravel and yet consume less fuel and allowing smoother steering than clak clak on u-turns.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.