•  

Closed Wadis

Foxtrot Oscar

I read elsewhere that the following have been closed with  fences erected to stop access 

waadi sal closed
Jeepers mountain closed
Heart beach closed

Has anyone heard what the reason for this is ? Some speculation suggests it’s due to littering, understandable if this is indeed the case. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

4 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I read elsewhere that the following have been closed with  fences erected to stop access 

waadi sal closed
Jeepers mountain closed
Heart beach closed

Has anyone heard what the reason for this is ? Some speculation suggests it’s due to littering, understandable if this is indeed the case. 

Ouch.... first i heard about this. If it is due to littering, then definitely they have to take certain measures. I was in Al Qudra some weeks back and was appaled by the amount of garbage people left behind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

57 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Ouch.... first i heard about this. If it is due to littering, then definitely they have to take certain measures. I was in Al Qudra some weeks back and was appaled by the amount of garbage people left behind. 

Littering here is out of control. I have never seen anything like it and I’m constantly appalled by it. 

I don’t blame the authorities for taking action, we have a very fragile eco system here and they’re trying to improve it .

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I hope authorities will conduct frequent patrol and fine those who litter at wadis, picnic and BBQ area. Once all the fines are imposed, it will not completely eradicate the problem because it is down to awareness but it will be a strong deterrence. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Littering, grafitti, lighting camp fires is one of the reasons they closed the most beautiful Wadi in UAE. I'm talking about Wadi Wurraiya which was closed in 2008 and remains closed. Very sad that everyone has to suffer because of a few idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

True, sad and unfair. The authorities could do more tho, if being honest. Just to close place of beauty or natural interest down isn't really fair. I didn't think so when it happened and I don't think so now. Patrols, wardens, fines etc. would part way fix things. In my opinion, is little lazy and also a real couldn't care attitude towards the general public. But, maybe I'm getting jaded.. Anyway at least there are still some really beautiful places to camp and visit responsibly. Am thankful for that. Think Heart Beach and that coastline were hit by a BIG oil spill 2 mths ago. Probably prefer to hide that mess from the masses. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use