•  
Advertise here

What are you pet peeves whilst driving on the road?

topgear

My list in no particular order is as below:

1) indecisive or unpredictable drivers - you can never tell when the person will brake, turn or stop.

2) tailgaters on the slow lanes

3) distracted drivers - most of the time the person will be on the phone

What are yours?

Good to share so that we can avoid some bad habits that may endanger other road users. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1. Taxi with a green light on top with no passengers

2. Old Corolla or sunny in 2nd lane , at 70 kmph on a 120 kmph highway

3. You yourself , sometimes unknowingly end up doing all listed here🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

1. Invincible 5 lane cutters in 1 sec to catch an exit - Biggest fear and threat to all road users.
  2. Tailgating you on slow lane when you are cruising on perfect speed limit - 80 on 80 road, 100 on 100 road.
  3. When you slow down to stop on orange light, but guy behind you want to play Need For Speed.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1.Suddenly and from no where a delivery motorcycle comes In front of you!

2.confronting a completely invisible vehicle in a foggy day like today morning with a running lights only ( lights not even in auto mode ) and rear No , train accident was about to occur 🤭

3. some one comes in front of you suddenly in a busy long waiting lane in either direction !

4. Last and not least most what annoys slowing downs to watch an accident when just happened and even not the same side to the opposite side 😡

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

People who let their kids jump around in the car with no seatbelts. Bonus points for the woman in the passenger seat bouncing a baby on her knee. 

The above is my number one but I could write a full essay on this and I don’t want to breach the character limit. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

1. Drivers who do not merge in turn - this really grinds my gears! They inch forward by 2 inches acting like they've just conquered the New World. If they would just merge in turn (when there's a lane closure or whatever) then traffic would keep moving at a faster pace.

2. Inconsiderate drivers - those who sit in the inside lane when there is an on ramp ahead thus forcing the driver trying to merge with the main carriageway to slow down to a snail's pace to get on and then having to floor it. Just move to the middle lane!!! 

3. Incondierare drivers part deux - they hog their lane when you have had your indicator on for a lifetime trying to make an exitr or whatever , again....MOVE OVER!

4. Tailgating - the tailgating that occurs here is the worst I have ever witnessed. The police should focus their resources on stopping this incredibly dangerous practice. I would love to know the stats re the number of RTAs caused by tailgating in Dubai.

• Like (+1) 5

As someone who has worked in garages in Dubai for the last 5 years, I can say that 9/10 cars I have repaired have been either front or rear end damage, ie damage from tailgating. Rarely do I see cars that were involved in other types of accidents other than a parking scrape here and there. 

Also f**k people who like to tailgate and bully other cars just because they are smaller. Everyone has the same right to be on the road and we are all just trying to get somewhere. Having a bigger car will never add 2 inches to your appendage. I used to love my 10k Sunny company car. Yeah your big 4x4 is worth 200k but you want to try me? I’ll put us both off the road and it will cost me a lot less. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

I guess I've just developed patience and humour to keep me calm on the roads. Plus I realize that everyone besides me needed to reach their destination yesterday, so they're already running late.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2