•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Lisali to Qudra 02 Oct 2020

Rahimdad

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Rahimdad - Pathfinder
2. Vanessa - Pajero
3. Ali Abas Ali - Toyota 4 Runner
4. Ajiesh George Kannankara - Patrol Y62
5. Franco Swart - Pajero 3.8
6. Hennie Schoeman - Wrangler
7. Marks - FJ Cruiser
8.Rajeevan Vickneswaran - JKU
9. H1fny - JLU
10.Shaaz Sha - JK
11.Nabil Bishara - JL
12.Rizwanm2 - Xterra

@Vanessa8580 @Ali Abas Ali @Ajiesh George Kannankara @Franco Swart @Hennie Schoeman @marks @Rajeevan Vickneswaran @h1fny @Shaaz Sha @Nabil Bishara @Rizwanm2

Please be on time, sharp at 6:00 AM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 3

Deflate your tires to as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you @Rahimdad and @Vanessa8580 for a wonderful drive. It was my second drive with rahim bhai and as usual you were just superb👍👍 in leading all of us through tough terrains , and today we could see some of ur superman effects recoveries 🤩 . And special mentions to @Vanessa8580 @Rahimdad for those thrilling side slopes !! enjoyed it . Hats off to the work of @marks coz though we had some stuck and refusals ,his recovery talents made it all go well 👏👏👏👏 and finally not b forgotten @Rizwanm2 at sweeping position keeping the convoy moving. Awaits the video and pics from @Ajiesh George Kannankara and others. Thank you all and keep safe.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was superb drive this morning led by our supper man @Rahimdad and @Vanessa8580

Wish we had some more time doing some side slooping and ridge riding. Can't wait till next week for another exiting one. 

It was great team work today by each n everyone of the convoy. 

Can't wait till next week for another exiting one. 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 4

It was a wonderful drive with a great set of people, there was a lot of excitement and knowledge shared.

Thanks to @Rahimdad @Vanessa8580 @marks and @Rizwanm2, really appreciate your patience and assistance.

Look forward to the next one, have a wonderful weekend ahead everyone!

• Like (+1) 5

TRIP REPORT

Amazing is the word that describes the drive today. After a few months of doing Newbie drives it was refreshing for me to catch up with some familiar faces at this higher level. Everyone reached well ahead of time and deflating getting ready for an area which is challenging. Unfortunately @Franco Swart was not feeling well and had to go back after deflation. Really felt bad and hope we can catch up again soon. We had a slight issue with @Vanessa8580 Pajero at start which was quickly sorted out, but it proved that she is stronger than Superman. ☹️ 

So it was time to head to the desert and it was a lovely entry point with some lovely rolling dunes as we slipped, slides and manuevered our way through to some technical small dunes. I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone manage so well. As we quickly headed to some nice wide open dunes. The plan was simply to enjoy and take us as our heart desired. At this point @Vanessa8580 was itching to take the lead, and take the lead she did. As per the reaction of everyone on the drive was well matched with @Vanessa8580 enthusiasm as we rode the ridges, did endless sideys and criss crossed to give a feel to everyone of the next level close at hand.

Everyone managed well and enjoyed the roller coaster @Vanessa8580 put us through. As she had her fill and decided to hand back the lead to me I lead the convoy through some testing terrain. At one point we had some really challenging small technical dunes, but everyone did well to cross the terrain and shortly we were on our own track heading out.

I would like to thank @Vanessa8580 for being not only my second lead, but taking centre stage for leading us through some awesome dunes. @marks deserves a big round of applause as he contacted me to help during the drive. He was given centre forward position which he did so well. The 3 tugs required were very controlled and he did well to learn with a lot of patience. He managed all recoveries well and he is the hero of the day for me. @Rizwanm2 is a wonderful sweep and with the Xterra has found a new level of confidence. He did so well to sweep and keep the convoy moving.

@Ali Abas Ali with his 4 Runner showed that Toyota's are capable, at one point I tried to help out and it was great to know how well he knows his car. @Ajiesh George Kannankara did so well with his Nissan Patrol Y62. At one point we had to make sure his drone shoot was without anyone outside the car to abide by the covid restrictions.

@Hennie Schoeman was wonderful with his Wrangler and managed all challenges with a smile. @marks was on the top of his game and his helping hand during the drive made sure we had a smooth drive with no major delays. We had our Wrangler boys with @Rajeevan Vickneswaran, who realized that his tire pressure gauge was not accurate and agreed to change it or get an additional one and make sure it's working well. @h1fny (Craig) who soon forgave me for not calling out his name in the morning while checking our radios. Craig managed the terrain as if he was in his back yard, however had a smile of satisfaction knowing we had handled various terrains in one day. @Shaaz Sha always growing in confidence. Last time I saw him at newbie level and he did not fail to impress me. @Nabil Bishara shy and quiet, but quietly gaining mire and more confidence and knowledge. Time for you to shine, looking forward to hearing from you more often. At sweep we had @Rizwanm2 who handled the convoy with utmost care and made sure I was well aware of the convoy movement at all times.

I really enjoyed myself and would like to thank a brilliant crowd today, with a heavy heart for the effort made by @Franco Swart and looking for an opportunity to ride with him in the near future. Have a blessed week ahead and see you all again next weekend.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Boy, was I nervous this morning when I woke up .... I was not sure I could lead a convoy through the desert, especially Lisaili. But after a talk with @Rahimdad where he assured me that if I was not feeling comfortable, I didn't have to lead.

So we head off with @Rahimdad in the lead. First through some smaller dunes but we soon reached the nice long rolling dunes and I felt so happy and confident that I maybe could take the lead after all. After a few weeks of supporting AN and newbie drives, I really needed to stretch my legs and have some adrenaline going through my body. The long dunes in Lisaili are so much fun and I enjoyed them a lot ! I almost forgot I had a convoy behind me 😊

I want to thank @Rahimdad for giving me the opportunity to lead today and @Gaurav for the leaders leads I could join and of course my hubby @Frederic for always standing behind me and teaching me everything I know. 

See you all soon back in the sand ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 6

@Rahimdad @Vanessa8580 Thanks a lot for making it an awesome drive. Looking forward to many more like this! @marks Thanks for guiding me out of a (very) sticky situation stuck sideways on a small but very steep slope. I tried to play it cool, but must confess that I was sweating a bit!

This was honestly the highlight of the drives I have done with Carnity so far. The diversity of dunes and drive styles was amazing, a bit of everything. Patches/pockets of powdery sand and tight turns made the small dunes technically challenging, sidesloping at speed and height not done before, 3 successful self-recoveries... what more can you ask for in a drive!! Loved it, and enjoying the "level-up" from Newbie. You guys are always keeping it interesting! Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use