•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Skydive Loop - 3 Oct 2020

Ale Vallecchi

6 hours ago, jodha singh shekhawat said:

Yes dear please confirm me 

This is Ashok any chance to accomodate one more....

I know this is very last minute just in case if you have one more opening I shall appreciate verry much as I am leaving for India for near 3 weeks 

• Like (+1) 1

Excellent drive today as usual .. a very interesting area just for us .. everyone drove quite well and practiced a mix of offroading skills.. thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi for great lead as usual .. @Chaitanya D did a great job not only as second lead but also managed a wonderful lead for the last part of the drive through very interesting tech play area and the last side slope.. @Foxtrot Oscar hearing your voice coming from the end of the convoy every now and then patting everyone on the back was quite comforting 😂 

special thanks to @Ale Vallecchiand @Chaitanya D for the instructions to get out of that soft patch.. excellent learning experience to have..

enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone and hope to drive with you all soon...

Edited by Islam Soliman
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Excellent drive today as usual .. a very interesting area just for us .. everyone drove quite well and practiced a mix of offroading skills.. thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi for great lead as usual .. @Chaitanya D did a great job not only as second lead but also managed a wonderful lead for the last per of the drive through very interesting tech play area and the last side slope.. @Foxtrot Oscar hearing your voice coming from the end of the convoy everyone and then patting everyone on the back was quite comforting 😂 

special thanks to @Ale Vallecchiand @Chaitanya D for the instructions to get out of that soft patch.. excellent learning experience to have..

enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone and hope to drive with you all soon...

Haha that’s the teacher side of me @Islam Soliman Positive Reinforcement is far far far more productive than berating and snapping. Every teacher knows it and today you were a wonderful student . I really enjoyed watching your self recovery, that was a sticky patch and you listened to the instruction and carried out your recovery perfectly.

Everyone in the drive did so well, with only a few small refusals . Which is great going as when the temperature started to rise the more the track started to churn up and in some areas it resembled pea soup . 

it’s always a pleasure being on one of @Ale Vallecchi’s drives . You not only get to enjoy a desert drive but you are also given lots of interesting info about the area too. 

(lots of pics posted in the gallery ) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Todays drive was clearly interesting & fun and for sure longest, I have driven so far. It was altogether 60 km driving on sand and 7 hours from door to door. Great ! My wife commented that this was really smooth drive, with nice dunes & sceneries.

Last part play area provided good side sloping and we also did quite a lot of crossings. I believe my car management, power control & shifting gets all the time better... 

What a drive ! Especially when I wasn't stuck.. this time.... 😂.

@Ale Vallecchis, @Foxtrot Oscars and @Chaitanya Ds convoy management was perfect as usual.

Few photos added to gallery.

Have a nice week all ! See u next time... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Super drive today. So different without seeing another single convoy out there, think group must try to keep this exploration area a secret as long as possible. @Ale Vallecchi really enjoyed the relaxed and reassuring guidance during the route. @Chaitanya obviously aware of new Fewbies, did a great job keeping guidance plain and simple. Would have loved to have seen that soft bowl you got swallowed by, it looked tricky. And @Foxtrot Oscar thank you also for your soothing support.

Really like the route and area, thinking will be ideal for a desert camp now cooler weather finally arrived. Pleased to do most of the drive w window open. A good sign, summer is retreating 👍. Thank you to all, am just relieved none of my tyres popped off this week. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

17 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

This is Ashok any chance to accomodate one more....

I know this is very last minute just in case if you have one more opening I shall appreciate verry much as I am leaving for India for near 3 weeks 

Really sorry @Ashok chaturvedi. I saw your message when I was already on the way to the meeting point. Hope to see you another time. Enjoy India.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Really sorry @Ashok chaturvedi. I saw your message when I was already on the way to the meeting point. Hope to see you another time. Enjoy India.

Thank you so much for your kind response and wishes... I shall certainly look forward to a drive under your able leadership on my return from Delhi. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

SKYDIVE LOOP - New area, new Leaders. Premiere Drive Report

First drive for Carnity's Fewbies in this brand new area, first lead for one of our upcoming Leaders.

As mentioned in the drive's presentation, this is not a pristine area from the habitation's point of view (there are camel farms, falconeers hideouts, gazelle's feeding stations, and, last but not least, the Sheik's Villa), but it certainly has been untouched by off-roaders, making it a succulent new dish on Carnity's menu.

Just behind Skydive Dubai, in fact, there is a set of beautiful yellow/red sand dunes, that are neither long and tall nor tight and technical, but rather flow in an intricate but very smooth sequence, allowing sideys, criss-crossing, ridge riding, always with an easy and safe exit point. Following this set of "intricately smooth" dunes has taken us eventually to the boundary of Margham village, into a super-fun set of bowls, following each other in an almost circular chain (max. altitude 137 meters). After a very fun half an hour into this great playground, we then turned back toward the north west, in the direction of Lisaili (the other side of the highway). After avoiding an area marked with skull and bones (literally, on signposts, not just on our satellite maps) where oil/gas related construction seems to be taking place, we finally gained the lower ground. At the entrance of a nice technical set of dunes, with beautiful gnarly trees, and some fine sand bowls, still 1 hour away from Lisali, I passed the baton to Chaitanya, for his debut leading a Fewbie drive. @Chaitanya D rose to the challenge, leading smoothly in a very little known area, also finding a final play area just before the exit track, where the whole convoy merrily did countless side-slopes. It was not easy to navigate in such an unmarked terrain, taking quite a long convoy with minimal problems: well done Doc!!

We exited at the highway, just on the other side from Lisaili camel practice track, after 3:55 hours of driving, and 61.1 Km, covered at an average speed of 16 Km/h (22 Km/h while moving).

Great thanks @Anish S for anchoring the convoy, @Foxtrot Oscar for her reassuring presence at Sweep, and to @Islam Soliman, @andy_macdxb, @jodha singh shekhawat, @Tero Vallas, @Kailas, @Jeandre Bezuidenhout, @Biju Abdul, @tcarrimjee and @Ilya Golubinsky for joining the exploration and driving very smoothly (no stucks in such a drive is an exceptional achievement): great going all of you.

Have a great week, and see you soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

36 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

It was not easy to navigate in such an unmarked terrain, taking quite a long convoy with minimal problems

@Ale Vallecchi thanks for passing the Baton. I was a bit edgy as the start as I had to match your finesse taking this convoy who were delighted with your lead till I took over, but I hope everyone enjoyed it. Few refusals in a slightly technical terrain before play areas and exit. Well driven and thank you everyone.

Thanks to @Anish S and @Foxtrot Oscar (Angela) for the amazing support. Well done @Islam Soliman to self recover from a very soft pocket, fantastic to see how you are in total control of your car even when in refusals.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use