•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 9 Oct 2020

Srikumar

Going to desert is always an uncertain act, no matter how hard trip lead tries things can/may go out of hand at times.

@Bhaskar If you have something super critical meeting lined up after the drive, it's better not to join. If it's flexible, then you can try your luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

If everything goes as per plan, then close to 10:00 am. But we are offroading and things like broken down car can happen which might delay the exit.

Ok.. Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Going to desert is always an uncertain act, no matter how hard trip lead tries things can/may go out of hand at times.

@Bhaskar If you have something super critical meeting lined up after the drive, it's better not to join. If it's flexible, then you can try your luck.

I understand that. Thank you for the advise, I'd try my luck, have had to cancel the last two drives, don't want to miss this one as well. 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Srikumar, we got pulled oblvet at the border by the police they are waiting for the test (that I took at Saudi German yesterday) result to be reflected in the system which is not reflected yet. We will be reaching the meeting point with 30mins delay and apologies for that. If the convoy has to leave I would totally understand. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks a lot for a wonderful drive!

It was my first time in Sweihan an I loved it! Those dunes are very impressive, so much fun!

An, of course, thanks a lot to the leading team: @Asif Hussain and @Srikumar!

The whole convoy drove very well, we had only a few stucks at the end of the drive. It helped to keep high pace and cover a great distance!

I took several pictures, more is available in the gallery.

DSC_0512.jpg.857ca36c04214ef3823f8a9791bf38a3.jpgDSC_0444.jpg.3fb86b29ff6f2cb31d00927ba4bd9221.jpgDSC_0354.jpg.f1517b283d84e2a3fd05921263e28cb6.jpgDSC_0270.jpg.86ab528db4f52ab3b07b1a291d967d73.jpgDSC_0256.jpg.a5789815f2d544092cf17d7ed780a498.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Asif Hussainand @Srikumar for the fantastic drive. It was the first time for me as well in Sweihan and it was a superb one. I did get stuck a couple of times but it was for sure good learning with the tips and help from you both. 

And thanks for the pictures @Mikhail Lukichev! Some really cool ones! 

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Srikumar for posting the drive and allowing me to lead. Everyone reached on time except @Arda Yagcioglu he was delayed at Abu Dhabi boarder checkpost for some reason. After quick breafing we decided to drive around the meeting point until he arrives. We were expecting him after 1hour but he joined us is 30mins. I thank everyone who joined the drive @Martin. @Arda Yagcioglu@Bhaskar @Xavier Treasurer @Goutam @Mikhail Lukichevall of you performed well with few refusals and two stucks at the end of the drive it was a amazing experience for me to lead a newbie drive in sweihan. See you all next time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Thank you @Srikumarand @Asif Hussain for this nice drive. It was my first time in Sweihan and it was a great ride. Also thanks to @Mikhail Lukichev for the lovely pics he has shared. Looking forward for the next time.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Asif Hussain for leading us on a wonderful drive at Sweihan, and congratulations on your promotion. I hope I will drive many more drives with you.

Thanks @Srikumar for guiding us and helping us out when we found ourselves stuck in the sand.

@Mikhail Lukichev - wonderful pics thanks a lot.

I have a All Trails Recording: Here 

Few pics I took.

7BED165E-8F7F-4538-9900-E3505CFEE540_1_105_c.jpeg

BEAE747B-F812-4BB3-BD59-2792AF5BA63A_1_105_c.jpeg

CB1A0E57-D1E5-4489-BE81-8C318489B4C1_1_105_c.jpeg

EEC0CBCA-340F-44CD-A6F2-FB3BEF884444_1_105_c.jpeg

A37C9F74-394A-413E-9866-35A7815DDCD7_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi @Goutam!

Thanks a lot for the trail! Cool website and application, will use it for sure! 

• Like (+1) 1

Another Application you can check out is Gaia GPS. I use All Trails one because I have a pro subscription - not sure why I took it 🤔 - perhaps because it shows few off-road tracks in UAE unlike Gaia.

@Frederic done this post on it. 

Edited by Goutam
Explain why I use All Trails
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use