•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 9 Oct 2020

Gaurav

Hi Everyone,

My name is Terence and I drive a white 2017 RAM Rebel. This will be my first time driving in the desert.

I have the recommended items including a radio, shovel, tyre deflator, tyre inflator and flag.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Regards,

Terence

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Gaurav said:

Hi @RAKIN KURIAKOSE I have to remove your RSVP from Absolute Newbie drive as this drive is solely reserved for absolute first timer with Carnity off-road club.

Moving forward, you may join Newbie drives. There are 3 newbie drives for coming Friday.

This is a last minute message and just now only I had seen this. If you had removed you could have considered me to another group. Now there is no group available to join

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RAKIN KURIAKOSE said:

This is a last minute message and just now only I had seen this. If you had removed you could have considered me to another group. Now there is no group available to join

A notification was already sent out last Sunday, and was also mentioned in the drive report that this was a drive for Absolute Newbies only.

D02C1F97-9865-4B9E-9DB3-AF71753D9DD3.jpeg.6c5535085250e9f2918e92c2f01acda9.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1. Gaurav                       Silver Pajero
  2. Kaushal Prithwani      2020 Nissan Patrol Y61
  3. Sai Baskaran             2012 White Pajero LWB
  4. GauravSoni               Grey Pajero 3.8 LWB
  5. Mostafa Ismail           White Prado
  6. DeepakADS              2013 Dodge Ram
  7. Terence Sequeira      2017 RAM Rebel
  8. Hussien Elleithy         Ford F150 XLT
  9. Rakin                            pathfinder
  10. Omar Al-khoori          Jeep Wrangler SWB
  11. Arshad Roojee           Yellow Wrangler SWB
  12. Ahab Shamaa            2018 FJ Cruiser
  13. Jeepie (Marjan)          Green Wrangler
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Was an amazing experience.  Was able to understand the driving dynamics and how the car responds in the desert terrain. A good combination of obstacles faces. Awesome experience, special thanks @Gaurav and @Jeepie for being patient and sharing their expertise with us.

Will definitely see you guys next week

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Frederic said:

A notification was already sent out last Sunday, and was also mentioned in the drive report that this was a drive for Absolute Newbies only.

D02C1F97-9865-4B9E-9DB3-AF71753D9DD3.jpeg.6c5535085250e9f2918e92c2f01acda9.jpeg

All the mail notifications were going on to spam folder and was not aware about that. Appologies for the confusions and thanks for the support. 

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE REPORT

First and foremost my apologies for delayed trip report.

It's always amazing to see so many new faces and beautiful cars ready to taste the sand for the first time, make me truly excited and honored. Almost everyone was on or before time, thank you very much for that as it helps to get started with right mood.

As many of you have asked me same question, during and after the drive about your car and required modifications.

I just like to explain that why we recommend every car owner to drive at least 4-5 drives before thinking about any mods, so that you can actually identify the real bottleneck by yourself to spend time and money. Spending money on off-road mods is an endless pit and before falling in the trap of off-road garages or hearsay theories of chip tune up, suspensions, exhaust, air filter etc. you need to do thorough research on what do you actually expect from that mod. Try to understand its real need based on cost vs benefit vs reliability. And to truly understand it's need you need to test your vehicle for few drives, before jumping to any expensive conclusions.

For Carnity newbie level drives, you don't need any mods instead use these 5 or maybe more newbie drives to learn the art of off-roading to correct your lines (MOST IMPORTANT), techniques and vehicle handling. Learning the skills is very important, as there is no replacement of off-road skills and once you start developing yourself you will realize that in stock state you can do wonders. Most of the seniors here driving stock 4x4 for a reason as they are far more reliable than highly modified rigs, that need every week mechanic attention.

@Kaushal Prithwani and @Ahab Shamaa you both have the best offroad vehicles in a very good state, simply focus on your off-road drives and your SWB Y61 and FJC are perfect to take you to the Intermediate level without any issues.

@Sai Baskaran and @GauravSoni we have so many stock Pajero here, apart from rear bumper scooping and occasional transmission light popping you should be fine with your cars too. Search both issues solution here and you will able to tackle them easily.

@Mostafa Ismail you were pretty happy and good with your Prado and keep it that way, just be careful of front bumper and keep enjoying this beautiful vehicle off-road with luxury.

@DeepakADS @Terence Sequeira and @Hussien Elleithy keep enjoying your beautiful trucks, being an extra LWB trucks are relatively difficult to handle in the beginning, but once you get hang of it, you will glide them nicely and take them everywhere. They have enough power and grunt for loads of smile.

@Omar Al-khoori and @Arshad Roojee SWB wranglers are absolute fun for off-roading and I hope you have enjoyed them a lot. Arshad with heavy tires sometime transmission struggles, but try deflate to 12 PSI in next drive and see if it still display the hot oil message. If it still does, start with A/T oil quality and level check. Then get the transmission oil cooler, if its not there in your model (slightly involved job). If its there then add the oil cooler fan (easy fix).

Big thanks to @Jeepie for supporting this drive and helping everyone with great patience and knowledge.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav  and @Jeepie ; thank you so much for the great time, it feels fantastic to be back on the dunes again after almost 15 years, but this time with an amazing team of genuine and knowledgeable people.

Thank you @Jeepie for sharing your compressor  to fill 2 of my tyres since mine went bust. I went and got myself the same you have 

Im attaching a few pics. I just hope they show lots up in the right post!

Im certainly excited for the next drives and will be going to pink rock on the 16th with @Wrangeld . Flag done, will be sorting the shovel today!

Thank you @Gaurav for the advice regarding any unnecessary upgrades at this point, will stick to it. And yes, certainly all set for this Friday!! 

20201009_084653.jpg

20201009_074100.jpg

20201009_063836.jpg

20201009_062119.jpg

20201009_055924.jpg

20201009_062416.jpg

20201009_055810.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use