•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra South - Dubai - 9 Oct 2020

Wrangeld

17 minutes ago, RaYan E said:

@Wrangeld  i have been miss out on your list of convoy. Kindly re-check it again.

You should be. My bad. Will add you @RaYan E

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @Wrangeld, something seems to be off. I had confirmed for this ride on last Sunday. But today, when I logged on to check for updated i realised that my name is missing from the list.  Any thoughts/ suggestions. I am still keen to participate. Let me know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Vijaysekhar  I cannot recall seeing your name on the list. We cannot add you now I am afraid. Will investigate with the team. I did not remove your name so not sure how it could happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @wrangled. Kindky don't misunderstand, didn't mean to say you did. It would be nice of you to investigate. I cearly recall having confimed and seeing my name in the list. Surprised to not see it now. I guess its better luck for next time! 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Wrangeld

This was meant to be a relaxed newbie drive where, having borrowed my wife's LR4 while my Nissan Patrol Y62 was getting fixed, I just had to roam around for occasional recoveries and enjoy the early morning sun. 

It turned out quite a "physical" drive, with a lot of shoveling, a pop-out to fix + a spare wheel replacement, several tugs and.. the "perfect stuck". It had been a while since I had last put myself in such a nasty place as this morning, however a superb team effort made the recovery possible. For sure to keep on driving would have been preferable, however I think this complex recovery was quite an interesting one to watch during a newbie drive. Thanks to everyone for their great help and patience. 

I still have to come to terms with the bizarre behavior of my wife's LR4 (first time I was taking her on the sand) pneumatic suspensions, that can be lifted for off-road use but would lower down automatically if driven above 40 km/h. Whenever I got in trouble today it was because I found myself with unexpected reduced clearance, ie on my belly rather than on my wheels. Whatever my wife may say, I prefer my fat and powerful white whale. 

Everyone did very well today, kudos! I could closely watch @Piotr Kolodziej who was right in front of me: you did great. If you get used to maintain a bit more momentum, you will avoid future refusals as the ones you experienced today.

Thanks to @Foxtrot Oscar for the double tug today: your presence is always a warranty of plenty of help for everyone.

Track details below:

346666440_Screenshot_20201009-141253_PathAwayPro.jpg.6f045dc3831029702e02f2e1862744d2.jpg

1936494128_Screenshot_20201009-141307_PathAwayPro.jpg.cf6eb7882c5160a18abcf66afa4dc43e.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Wrangeld @Srikumar @Gaurav I have completed more than 6 drives in newbie. Do I qualify for the next level? Really excited to face more challenging dunes and learn more. 

@Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher @angela great drive today.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use