•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra South - Dubai - 9 Oct 2020

Wrangeld

7 minutes ago, Yusuf Esaf said:

@Wrangeld @Srikumar @Gaurav I have completed more than 6 drives in newbie. Do I qualify for the next level? Really excited to face more challenging dunes and learn more. 

@Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher @angela great drive today.

Hi @Yusuf Esaf

Once you have completed 5 Newbie drives you can apply for a promotion:

apply.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

29 minutes ago, Yusuf Esaf said:

@Wrangeld @Srikumar @Gaurav I have completed more than 6 drives in newbie. Do I qualify for the next level? Really excited to face more challenging dunes and learn more. 

@Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher @angela great drive today.

Hi @Yusuf Esaf take a look here to see how you can apply for promotion 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yusuf Esaf said:

@Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher @angela great drive Yusuf , go to your profile to request promotion 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks to the team who lead us today it was a amazing drive and full    of learning. Taming the sand is not easy but it was a worthwhile experience.

Thanks to the whole convoy it was a good drive for us.

@Wrangeld @Foxtrot Oscar @Lorenzo Candelpergher Great Job

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Big convoy,  great drive, excellent learning.

@RaYan E @Kailas @Gok Krish @Syed Raza Hussain @Karthik Krishnakumar @Shyam Karat @Mahmoud Asar @Piotr Kolodziej @Nitin Mohan @Yusuf Esaf @Mohamed Abo ElKomsan @Rizwan Waheed 

Every drive is a learning experience whether you have driven 2 or 200 drives. Today proved that true in spades. A pop out where the whole valve gave way, a deadly pocket needing all our ingenuity and teamwork to get the recovery and proof that the sand is as difficult on the flat as it is on a slope. 

With 16 cars in the convoy, realisitcally, this was never going to be the drive that covered the most distance, or the fastest. Even within a group of newbies, the level of experience within 2 to 6 drives is quite significant. 

In the circumstances I think that the whole convoy performed extremely well. Specifically, why?

• Teamwork was outstanding. I am a big believer in Carnity's view that the better we are as a team, the more effectively we learn. For the pop out, the pocket and all recoveries, teamwork was exceptional. 
  • Lessons have been learned and put into practice. We promised practice today, and we did. Crossing from dune to dune, taking slopes confidently, descending without fishtailing, driving through sticky soft sand. Congratulate yourselves. 
  • Your confidence was on show for all to see. Watching how dunes were crossed, crests navigated and slopes covered so confidently was a pleasure. 

Yes, we had some recoveries (including both seniors supporting at one point) and some waiting, but we also saw some beautiful dunes, drove very well, challenged ourselves in technical dunes and started and finished more or less on time. 

Thanks also for EVERYONE for arriving on time. Also, a special call out to @Foxtrot Oscar @Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Franco Swart for your amazing support. Perhaps it was not totally the relaxed newbie drive you expected, but you did fantastic work with everyone. 

From my side, this drive will go down in my memory as it was my first independently managed drive as a MARSHAL. So thanks to everyone for allowing me to mark that up as a success. 

We you soon in the sand. 

A big congrats @Wrangeld. Having been in the dunes with a large convoy myself this morning i totally understand how it feels hearing the sweep on the radio saying “convoy is moving again” after you’ve started driving 5 minutes prior 🤣

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Wrangeld @Foxtrot Oscar @Lorenzo Candelpergher   thank you for another amazing weekend drive  . Really loved the trail today it was beautiful, I should say one of my personal favourites till now . We had great convoy today , lot of energy and enthusiasm and lot of smiles  looking forward to next weekend . Cheers . 

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

121181187_351326486205966_8282120983112433341_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Frederic said:
  • Teamwork was outstanding. I am a big believer in Carnity's view that the better we are as a team, the more effectively we learn. For the pop out, the pocket and all recoveries, teamwork was exceptional. 
  • Lessons have been learned and put into practice. We promised practice today, and we did. Crossing from dune to dune, taking slopes confidently, descending without fishtailing, driving through sticky soft sand. Congratulate yourselves. 
  • Your confidence was on show for all to see. Watching how dunes were crossed, crests navigated and slopes covered so confidently was a pleasure. 

Dear Richard @Wrangeld I agree 100% , learning and executing in a teamwork with confidence is what Carnity Is all about in my opinion. Hope to drive with you soon .

cheers 👍🚙😎

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use